Banff's Content

There have been 78 items by Banff (Search limited from 16.10.2017)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#113513 Lock Flight Plan

Posted by Banff on Yesterday, 15:02 in Community Support

It makes the flight plan yellow, as it was never activated... but you still keep the slots and schedule. That's my experience at least. I may be wrong, as it's been a while since I used it.

#113503 Cargo Only Airlines

Posted by Banff on Yesterday, 07:17 in General

Cargo is more difficult, because it doesn't follow the usually pax pattern. LHR isn't necessarily a good cargo hub. But CGN is. Or LUX. Also, many pax long haul flights carry cargo very cheap, which makes it hard to compete.

However cargo has "less" players. You can easily find a game world with only 1-3 dedicated freight airlines. And if you operate ATR's to minor airports, you are likely to succeed. I have had a cargo company with more than a 1000 planes - but it's a lot of work, and yes working in waves is just as good as with pax.

#113502 Schedule tab red on fleet page.

Posted by Banff on Yesterday, 07:14 in Community Support

Every flight is green, and all flights start and finish from the same port each day, and all flights are over the minimum turnaround time.

We have all been there. And Matth is correct. You must have missed a single occupied slot somewhere. They can be tricky to see if you use the dark theme. Otherwise there's no explanation for the red schedule. 

Try to take a screenshot of your flight scheduling page. May help us to help you.

#113353 A few realistic idea suggestions

Posted by Banff on 09.10.2018 - 21:13 in Suggestions and Ideas

This thread isn't really going anywhere constructive. Thread locked.

For questions, contact me directly.

#113311 A few realistic idea suggestions

Posted by Banff on 08.10.2018 - 10:05 in Suggestions and Ideas

(...) There has to be some good aspects of reality to this game, or it's simply a waste of my time. (...)

What level of reality is good enough to not waste your time? Should planes in Seattle sometimes be hijacked and crashed? Should pilots call in sick so that the airplane is cancelled and you get an gigantic fine? See, AirlineSim reflect reality to a certain degree. But a simulator will never be realistic. Since when has normal people like us, been able to start a new airline and have succes within 2 weeks?

If you feel that the reality of AirlineSim right now is so bad, that it's a waste of your time - then make a very smart decision.  :ph34r: 

In regard to your question no. 3.: Due to missing IPO, you want another option for company bonding, in order to grow faster. At the same time, you want more realism? You can lease 25 planes and start flying within 24 hours. Is that realistic? You want it faster than that? Is that realism?  :)

#113264 Things have got to Change

Posted by Banff on 05.10.2018 - 09:13 in General

Most of the moderators, logo-team and signal-team are volunteers. However AirlineSim wants official support requests, to be handled by people actually employed by AS, which makes good sense. 

#113213 Things have got to Change

Posted by Banff on 03.10.2018 - 10:42 in General

I think it's fair to be disappointed in the lack of new features. One of the things I learned when dealing with clients is to manage expectations and not over-promise unless you are forced to do so. This is where I think AS' communication failed. They announced they were working on booking classes in April 2017 then followed up with a new development blog in August 2017 saying that booking classes and other features were "ready for large scale testing" so people were really expecting for something new. They even said to stay tuned for more news in Q3 2017.

Here we are in Q4 2018, 14 months have passed and there is nothing new, not even a test...

While I cannot talk on behalf of AirlineSim, I am pretty sure that I can state that the develoment of booking classes is on hold for the moment. The reasons are many, but most important is that focus has been on keeping AirlineSim running. We can agree that communications could have been a lot better - and still can be, but main reason for this pause in development is know by the core team, and is fully respected. 

I have come to the point where I just accept that AirlineSim is not developing - but it is what it is. The exact same way that I feel, when I open up oldie-games like Ceasar 3, SimCity or whatever game I stumble across from time to time. They are what they are, and will most likely not change too much.   :)

#113212 Aircraft Condition Below 50% + all flights being cancelled

Posted by Banff on 03.10.2018 - 10:36 in General

A good thumb rule, is to have at least 1 - if not 2 - maintenance windows every single day.

#113023 ORS and Booking nonsense

Posted by Banff on 20.09.2018 - 15:45 in Community Support

I haven't been able find a real flight between Mumbai and Baku. And if there's no flights in real life, don't expect there to be any demand in AS.
Doha should work with some good waves to Europe.

#112946 Congratulations to the new members of the UAB

Posted by Banff on 17.09.2018 - 08:53 in User Advisory Board

General interest from behalf of management has declined and most cheating cases are prevented from hard coding. There are also accurate rules meaning that there are very few borderline cases now days. The few that exist are directly decided by team. 

As CBE mentions, the last UAB made a new set of rules. These rules made it much easier for AS to enforce cheating cases. Furthermore during the last UAB period, the new slot blocking rules were ruled out - where you cannot fly small aircrafts between big airports. (Hard coded). So there's not much left to do for the UAB.

@CBE: Are you back already?  :ph34r:

#112887 How do you organize a huge fleet?

Posted by Banff on 14.09.2018 - 21:25 in General

Banff - have you thought about using the personal notes for your sub-fleets/ 7 day pattern aircraft?

I used to do that. But as my waves are made ready for upgrades for anything in between A220 to A380 (depending on slots in outbound airport), I find this much much more efficient. Downside is that I'm not able to easily check whether a subfleet suddenly has a high maintenance etc.

#112882 How do you organize a huge fleet?

Posted by Banff on 14.09.2018 - 18:10 in General

In Hubs and fleets. See screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20180914-190759.png

#112782 Global Group Common News

Posted by Banff on 08.09.2018 - 16:28 in Stapleton

Well both moderator and AS agreed that this doesn't belong here. Please just accept that.

#112780 Global Group Common News

Posted by Banff on 08.09.2018 - 16:12 in Stapleton

I have hidden 4 posts, one of the containing political propaganda. CBE, feel free to contact me on Slack. But don't do something similar again.

Thanks.
/Banff

#112714 How long does it take to get a reply from the support?

Posted by Banff on 06.09.2018 - 14:23 in Community Support

Teatairline, many questions can be answered by the community. So if it's not related to a faulty game mechanic or something that only AS can solve, the community usually can help out.

#112604 "Public" exclusive game worlds

Posted by Banff on 04.09.2018 - 06:45 in Exclusive Game Worlds

An overview of the exclusive game worlds, which accepts players:

ZEPPELIN
Date started: September 2017
Owner: fug001
No. of players: 25
Max holdings: Unlimited
Language: English
Link

REALITY
Date started: 
September 2018
Owner: N19840214
No. of players: 25
Max holdings:
Language: English
Link

#112550 Scheduling Help

Posted by Banff on 01.09.2018 - 18:47 in Community Support

You can delete entire schedule, and make a new one with new flight numbers.

#112490 Logo approval

Posted by Banff on 29.08.2018 - 15:41 in General

I have approved all pending logos at Devau. Some may need a second accept before they are active.

#112480 Logo approval

Posted by Banff on 29.08.2018 - 10:36 in General

Which server?

#112303 Understanding delays

Posted by Banff on 20.08.2018 - 11:24 in Community Support

Just a tip. If you want to hide which airports you're flying to and from, you have to add more blur. I'm sure most people can see which airports in India you're flying to :-)

#112224 151 Aircraft in less than 2 weeks

Posted by Banff on 15.08.2018 - 15:51 in General

The company in question has been reported, but there's no cheating involved.

Without knowing all details, this is a case where a player has been compensated by AS because the server accidentally deleted some of his airline(s).

So no worries.

#112201 Also Time to say Good Bye

Posted by Banff on 14.08.2018 - 18:28 in General

It's been a pleasure. I am ready to welcome you back any day. And thank you for contributing to AS in such a positive manner.

I wish you a great journey :-)

#112012 Announcement: New game world this Friday!

Posted by Banff on 03.08.2018 - 08:39 in General

There's is usually no official time, because launching a new server isn't an every day thing. Sometimes everything works like a charm, sometimes there's some issues.

But anywhere between noon and late afternoon is the most common thing, if I remember correctly.

#111831 Time to say Goodbye

Posted by Banff on 27.07.2018 - 19:06 in General

All the best Christian. You have always contributed greatly to the community with a good sense of humour. It's a loss to see you go. I'm sure you'll be back one day.

I'm interested in Tianjin Sky :P

#111830 Private Gameworlds - The mystery

Posted by Banff on 27.07.2018 - 18:59 in General

Thanks! Makes more sense now, I wonder now if some rich nerd would ever pay just to have the world to himself and create one super dominating airline :P

If I recall correctly there's a server with 2 players on. But haven't checked for a while.