Banff's Content

There have been 75 items by Banff (Search limited from 26.05.2017)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#110167 Introduction of new aircraft types

Posted by Banff on 17.05.2018 - 08:27 in General

The data is up! The pages are no longer blank! Happy days!

https://www.flyembra...PM_E-JetsE2.PDF

Thanks for the update. The dev team has received the data, and will do their best to prepare an update as quickly as possible. But it might be a little while yet. But it's on its way :-)

#110023 Traffic rights question

Posted by Banff on 05.05.2018 - 12:21 in General

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. That means I create that new subsidiary in vane? I will never be able to set flights to outside EU starting outside France?

Correct. You can fly from UK to Italy, Greece, Sweden and so on.. But not outside European union. If you want to fly longer than EU, it can only be from France.

#109955 My competitor vanished!

Posted by Banff on 02.05.2018 - 06:04 in General

Server and airport?

#109781 What is the real purpose of ORS?

Posted by Banff on 24.04.2018 - 09:47 in Community Support

Easy way too determine whether a route has competition or not?

#109765 People Ignoring you.

Posted by Banff on 23.04.2018 - 20:32 in General

Since last Monday, I have gotten 49 new IL offers at Hoover. Without counting, I'm pretty sure I have around 100 waiting IL's and 30 accepted. And how many personal messages have I gotten? 1(!!).

I simply do not have the time to check every single airline, which applies. Then I couldn't do anything else. And accepting all of them would be a waste of money.

One of the airlines I decided to check out, had one weekly flight from an odd destination. And it didn't even hit my wave. Would have been a waste of 25.000 every single week.

From other servers, I can say that a reasonable IL offer with a message has 99% chance of success. Even companies made yesterday. But no contact usually end up with a decline.

#109704 Demand, pricing, and monopolies?

Posted by Banff on 21.04.2018 - 07:22 in General

It seems like you have a high maintenance ratio. Utilizing your aircraft's better will allow you to lower your prices if you wish. Looks like your CS1 has almost 6 hours on the ground. Way too much.

#109360 New Islamabad Airport

Posted by Banff on 07.04.2018 - 10:33 in General

Support@airlinesim.aero as usual, please.

#109318 2 identical fights at same time.

Posted by Banff on 06.04.2018 - 10:27 in General

Yep. Using one 321 means you only pay for 8 pilots.

Using two CRK means you have to pay for 16 pilots.

Not to forget extra fleet management, and flight attendants. 

#109297 Cabin configuration unassigned issue

Posted by Banff on 05.04.2018 - 18:30 in Community Support

By the way, thanks for the information Matth and Sebx.

In case you're curious, I ended up taking my losses and resetting my airline the same day, and I am glad I did. My new airline is better because of my initial mistake.

I probably had between 10 to 20 restarts before I had a successful company. So be patient :-)

#109222 Increase aircraft aging speed

Posted by Banff on 03.04.2018 - 15:18 in Suggestions and Ideas

I agree that this would be a good idea, for new servers. But for older servers, it would be unfair for the reasons Rubio, so calmly, stated ;)

#109020 How Are Airlines Cheating Now?

Posted by Banff on 26.03.2018 - 12:14 in General

Looking back at what was said when Hoover was launched and where we are 3 months in:

A major complaint is that in older game worlds long-time players can achieve such a dominant role that it makes joining that game world unattractive to other players

Hoover will launch with less demand and a slower growth curve than we had for the last few launches, in an effort to further curb some aggressive start-up strategies

Looks like that plan worked really well.... 

Compared to earlier start-up's of permanent servers, Hoover is a succes. (In my opinion). Airports are no longer flooded with L4T's, and totally out of slots in 2-3 weeks. It's been 3 months now, and it's still possible to create flights between LHR-DXB. That's a big improvement. 

But more can be done, and all servers are being evaluated before the next one starts. Suggestions and ideas are always welcome  :excl:  :)

#108862 When is it available to get a loan?

Posted by Banff on 22.03.2018 - 07:11 in Community Support

As stated before, on these forums:

When you actually can acquire a loan, you usually don't need it.  :huh:

#108533 Frequency in flights schedule

Posted by Banff on 14.03.2018 - 20:35 in Community Support

Are you kidding?

How can your airline be eco. very succesfull if you don´t know basic techn. issues like this?

Ref. to your question above... you must have a vast chaos of flightplans on your machines... plus a number of machines which don´t fly their potential within the weeks possible air-time...

how can you make any positive margin or any money at all?

how can techn. clueless and driven by accidents and coincidences playing lead to eco. success like yours?

In other words: Your question as above appears being a pretending-question / pretending to be techn. naive.

But you are not – aren´t you.

Could you please try to improve the kindness in your future posts? No need to be rude about it.

#108504 Tianjin Sky

Posted by Banff on 14.03.2018 - 10:30 in Stapleton

Tianjin_Sky_jpg.jpg

Major news regarding Tianjin Sky are soon on their way... Keep tuned!

Probably the longest cliff-hanger in AS history  :P

#108282 Connection stats

Posted by Banff on 09.03.2018 - 21:27 in General

Unfortunately not  :mellow:

#108277 How Are Airlines Cheating Now?

Posted by Banff on 09.03.2018 - 20:01 in General

I said it first....
Bahahahaha

Hence, that's why I wrote "It does" - as a reference to the clever AS forum user, who posted earlier in this thread.  :)  -_-  ;)

#108263 How Are Airlines Cheating Now?

Posted by Banff on 09.03.2018 - 10:43 in General

I just took a look at the airline in question. It does look like it's purchased on credit. The user is brand new to AS, hence why he tries to purchase planes instead of lease them. As Highscore mentioned, the company will most likely not be able to pay the bills next week - and then liquidate.

#108256 How Are Airlines Cheating Now?

Posted by Banff on 09.03.2018 - 09:52 in General

How is it possible that airline created 3 days ago has bought 5 Embraers 190s already? There is no parent company.

Bought? Not leased? You're welcome to send me a private message with server and airline, and I can check. Please do not post it public ;) 

#107982 Neue Holding / Unternehmen mit großer Flotte wegen 10% Leasing

Posted by Banff on 02.03.2018 - 15:32 in Allgemein

''Unless UAB agrees'' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The UAB does not want to change it, because it benefits the people themselves

None of my companies benefits from cheap leases, and never have. So please stop generalizing.

Personally my reason for being an UAB member has been to improve AS and give something back. No decisions in UAB has been out of personal interest. And I'm sure this goes for other members of the UAB too.

#107868 AGEX Low vs High

Posted by Banff on 28.02.2018 - 09:29 in General

Sort of a newb question here, but what values are considered "high AGEX" and what values are considered "low AGEX"

At least how I think it is:

600-800 low
800-950 medium
950-1100 high

People may think differently about the values, but that's how I see it. I haven't seen an agex lower than 690 if I recall correctly.

#107509 Sphinx International Airport - NEW Cairo

Posted by Banff on 20.02.2018 - 08:40 in Suggestions and Ideas

As always, send changes to support@airlinesim.aero

(Moved this topic to correct forum.)

#107417 Mass Exit of Chinese Airlines

Posted by Banff on 18.02.2018 - 11:30 in General

Probably just subsidiaries and the holding quit. If they were to be kicked for cheating UAB should have been informed.

Not necessarily. In clear cases, where it's obvious to AS support, that multi-account cheating is going on, the airlines in question will be deleted. If that's the case in this situation, am I not aware of. 

#107369 How long a flight is too much?

Posted by Banff on 16.02.2018 - 19:36 in Off-topic

Where does that happen?

From China to US. On Air China. The rule was even enforced on the plane. People were told to put electronics away. Don't know if that's still the case.

#107359 How long a flight is too much?

Posted by Banff on 16.02.2018 - 12:42 in Off-topic

Well, as most people mention, it depends. My most comfortable flights, has been business class on Qatar, flying KTM - DOH - CPH. Also premium economy on Norwegians 787 are very recommendable - I did that from JFK to CPH.

My absolutely worst flight was from PEK to LAX on an Air China 777. Horrible seats, horrible pitch, horrible legroom, chinese infotainment (was flawed, couldn't choose english) - and personal electronic devices was prohibited. I was simply starring into a seat for 12 hours  :lol:

#107194 Buy my account?

Posted by Banff on 10.02.2018 - 22:30 in General

This message has been sent to several users. AS support is aware of it. Thank you for sharing.
(And thanks for not sharing names in public!)

//Banff