Bombardier Q400 Next Gen

I’d like to see these too. Fingers crossed LOL

I think we should wait until 15th of April. Cause then it will be 2 years after the first commercial flight  ;) 

You're so patient...

DASH-8Q400CC is in the game :D I am going to get some for my airline :) 

How many cargo units fit max.?

If I ever launch an additional pax airline, a Q400CC might be perfect? 

40 units. I was quite enthusiastic about this plane but I think it is mainly useful in the US and Europe where you have lots of large cargo airports with only modest passenger demand.
40 units. I was quite enthusiastic about this plane but I think it is mainly useful in the US and Europe where you have lots of large cargo airports with only modest passenger demand.

Thank you

The US market is what I'm thinking of. I'm running a corgo airline right now so this AC might fit quite well

Well, I guess it still depends. When I do Cargo, I usually work with ATR which has more flexibility: with the ATR42 and ATR72 you have 2 different cargo plane sizes, while Bombardier has no pure freighter prop.
But if you have an existing passenger operation using Bombardier Dash8 and you want to add some cargo capacity without getting into a further maintenance category (by adding ATR), it is a good option.

Be mindful that cargo on Q400CC has the same ratings as cargo on a regular passenger aircraft, which means it does not get extra rating points for dedicated freighter which ATF gets.

And one thing I realised as well: Due to bulk loading of the cargo, turnarounds are loooong (with DTA). And I'm losing 16 passenger seats in favour of 22 cargo units.

For the old game worlds, where small aircraft usually do not have cargo space, this could be indeed a game changer. But for the new servers, I think the disadvantages prevail.

You're quite right. I only play on old game worlds + Riem (which doesn't have cargo on small aircraft neither).
Are you saying the Dash-8 400CC also only offers 40 units on Otto/Hoover? (vs 18 for the regular -400)?

Deducting baggage for the passengers, I've got 36 cargo units on the CC vs 13 on the regular model, so the difference becomes even less. I'm trying out a few routes where both models compete head-to-head against each other and it's not looking very useful.