Game Credits

I’m against that payment system is abolished and this for very simple reasons.

1st To keep the game from the players start an airline and then forgotten.

2nd So the game can also be further strengthened and maintained to be.

I agree with Calvin. I think this is probably the most realistic airline sim going. In fact, I would like to see it more realistic, and I am happy to pay for the development to go in that direction.

Right. Especially so if you take into account the “real” development team is very small, with us non-profit supporters hovering around for free. E.g. for martin, this is a full-time job. I don’t see how he shouldn’t be paid for that. In addition, servers are not free.

People running around, only willing to take instead of giving sometimes really upset me…

As for payment methods: True, if there is a solid alternative enabling you to pay for credits without the need of a credit card, it might be worthwhile to look into that. But this revolves around contracts, which cannot be in Spanish or Portuguese if none of the people in charge are proficient in that language.

As others also said it, the credit system is very good because it keeps out people who don’t want to play seriously this game. In my opinion its not even a game but a simulation, one of the best of its kind. I’m glad to pay for it and contribute this way to its development. And i consider that the sum is not that big, everyone can afford it if he/she really likes the game.

Seriously not all young teenagers do that.

I have to agree, to play airlinesim only costs about €3 a month, in terms of cost vs enjoyment its very difficult for me to find something else that gives me such good value for money. I know that my money is supporting the game and allows for Martin and the team to make improvements, even providing things like this forum.

Assuming you are serious about playing I don’t think anyone would really have so much of a problem finding €3, if you are “younger” and dont have a bank account or credit card maybe it’s worth asking your parents or looking into the other payment options.

I feel it is a little pricey. Most games, even for Xbox or PS3, run anywhere from $45-60. I don’t mind paying but $60+ US a year has me on the fence. Maybe some sort of loyalty program, a great reduction for an annual subscription, or at least stop charging me extra because it’s international.

You can get just that when you buy the bigger packages of credits, there’s already a discount on the price per credit.

Off topic:

Is it possible to revert back the way on purchasing credits which allows to buy 10 credit denomination.

Like I buy 100 credits with additional 10-30 more credits.

Agreed, but arguably are you likely to get a years play out of a $60 game on the basic game alone? I used to play alot of Halo online, the game only set me back an initial £40, but then ontop of that I had to pay X-box live membership @ £40 a year and then pay for all the add-ons, map packs etc to keep the game current all in time for them to bring out the next installment and take my money all over again. At least this payment scheme is transparent, you pay your money and know exactly what your getting for it.

Perhaps theres scope to make a massively cut down "basic" (free) version of the game, perhaps this would attract more players initially some of whom will decide to pay others will continue to play in basic mode. Doesn’t make much difference to me, I just bought 500 more credits, thats 125 days more play :slight_smile:

I've only just started the whole thing.
And already I participated in almost run out of credit. :(

you mean the credits given to you for free? since you joint two days ago, I take it, you started a lot of holdings on a lot of servers or you should be good for about two weeks.

this game is very heavy on resources and thus pay to play.

in my opinion, regarding the maintenance of the game's quality as well as further simulation and feature development, the payment system and level is absolutely ok. in case i dont want to pay for this simulation, i can switch to other games. i love AS for its detailed simulation character as well as its long term view...

I want to point out, that this is a five year old thread.

feel free to use the poll or comment, but making this game free to play isn't an option, like, at all!

I voted no cause airlinesim got alot of monthly costs for the servers and i think the most people are ready to pay 4€ per month for a perfect airline simulation.Or how others say “The best of its kind”.

I pay for that game because I enjoy to play it. So simple... 

Server have to be paid, people (staff/dev) have to be paid (I guess that this is the bigger part ;) ), pizza has to be payed^^

And some beers. :-)

also they need to pay support staffs to entertain some annoying player, lol..

I can understand AS need some money to develop. For Chinese users, it will help a lot if you can create ways to pay by Wechat and Alipay. It is not hard.

I can understand AS need some money to develop. For Chinese users, it will help a lot if you can create ways to pay by Wechat and Alipay. It is not hard.

Would indeed be nice, but most likely requires a lot of paperwork in China and a bank account in China. Getting your (Chinese) bank account getting linked to your WeChat Account, but I don't want to know how complicated this gets once you're acting as a company and actually want to transfer the money an international account. Chinese processes tend to be focused on Chinese customers, the (admitedly) small number for foreigners in China are not even in focus for many companies (understandable, there's 1.3 billion Chinese customers, and around 1 million foreigners, that's less than 1/1000).

And then they also need to get the money to their SEPA account - which will cost some money for the international transaction and the conversion from RMB to EUR. And in the end they're paying more for receiving the money than they initially charged for the game.