Quimby with classic configuration at next restart?

Your sentence does not make sense at all. Perhaps you should include some punctuation marks.

sorry iam dyslexic punctuation is not my strong point. I was trying to say is Quimby will be on its 7th Version soon and 4 maybe 5 times it has been new aircraft only and its just getting boring it needs a change.

You can find many many many threads with players complaining about used planes on temp servers.

No way to make everybody happy.

Personally I would like:

Only 'modern' aircraft available as new + old aircraft, only available as used.

This would be closer to real world. Specially when it comes to cargo fleets where 'old' and used is the norm.

Anyways, a world re-launch is always good and welcome.

Personally I would like:

This would be closer to real world. Specially when it comes to cargo fleets where 'old' and used is the norm.

Yep Same and yea re-launch is good but when its the same every time it gets boring.

PS: What's the most important part for you with a classic configuration? Having access to older plane types or having used aircraft available at start?

Assuming this is looking for general input, here is my opinion:

Firstly, I feel like limiting the number of aircraft types available limits the diversity of the game world and the players options (cargo comes to mind). However, I think their appeal comes mostly from being able to order more aircraft for less funds. Especially when starting a new airline, it is simply more engaging to build up the airline with 10-15 used aircraft as opposed to 2 or 3 new ones (plus the obvious benefits at the start of a new game world).

As the benefits of older aircraft are for the most part unbalanced, I suggest to increase the bidding period for "out-of-production" aircraft to 24 hours. This will help to find their real market value by giving all players a fair chance to put in a bid. At the same time if someone needs aircraft faster, they can order "in-production-aircraft" new from the factory or get those from the used market with the usual 1 hour bidding time. 

But I’d like to give a big thank you for your input! We have decided to address the issues with old planes in the future, so hat you can enjoy game-play with old aircraft again. It should hopefully be just a few months away, so stay tuned!  :slight_smile:

PS: What’s the most important part for you with a classic configuration? Having access to older plane types or having used aircraft available at start?
[/quote]

I would really like to have ac which are still in production available as new and used plus a certain amount of old aircraft available as used only. This comes closer to RL and we wont get flooded by thousands of Il18 and 727

PS: What's the most important part for you with a classic configuration? Having access to older plane types or having used aircraft available at start?

Having access to the older plane, of course. What I love about previous OTTO was everyone can lease NEW OLDER AIRCRAFT.

But of course, I kinda agree with those IL-18 statement.

Personally I would like:

I think this is a great idea and, in my opinion, the best option

It` s realy sad.

I came back to Airlinesim about 6 months ago after a three year brake. I started another airline on Quimby but it just doesn` t make any sense to play on two servers if the configuratios are almost the same.

I don` t see why you guys always block older aircrafts. Just delete the IL18 and AN12 and we all can have fun.

There is always another IL18…’

Indeed. It might as well be 707, DC8 or something like that…

Well, of course there will be the next best thing. But I guess we can agree, that the IL18 is quite unique in its price/performance ratio.

It` s realy sad.

I came back to Airlinesim about 6 months ago after a three year brake. I started another airline on Quimby but it just doesn` t make any sense to play on two servers if the configuratios are almost the same.

I don` t see why you guys always block older aircrafts. Just delete the IL18 and AN12 and we all can have fun.

I was the same i was looking forward to the new server after 6 months but nope just another boring Quimby.When other players who like new aircraft only servers who say that classic and new and used aircraft servers are unbalanced they should man up and deal with it as there Way more realistic and most airlines in the world all started with used aircraft not brand new 787's and A320 Neos .