This company has already been reported - and what next?

I am not highlighting anything but repeating: it is a game and doesn not represent the real world.

A professional flight simulation would be requested by either companies like Airbus or Boeing or perhaps also from airlines. Then they would pay a lot for this.

Here we are talking about a game which uses a simulated world. You and all of us are not paying for realistic simulation but for the possibility to play a game.

Please don't forget: this is a game, not reality. There is no real damage, in the end.

Don’t take it too serious, try to enjoy it.

So... you don't pay for the game credits in real world money, then?

AS and UAB are currently working on a project which should prevent Slot Blocking.

This is not an easy process, so stay tuned.

So... you don't pay for the game credits in real world money, then?

When by "pay" you mean this small amount of 4 credits per game world per day, then yes, I'm paying. I actually like this type of payment more than in other online games where a few players invest real amounts of money in some extras and are way stronger than 95% of other players. Or where you get annoyed with advertising.

But, yes: i don't consider this as a damage. There's how many airports out in our simulated world? Work around it, get creative, use other airports. 

Sorry, i have to say it: this whole discussion reminds me sometimes, when I watch my daughter playing in a sandbox, and I see other kids argueing about their toys. And when they're not getting what they want they go and run to their mommy or daddy and complain. Admittedly, the case is a bit different here, abuse *is* possible in the game and AS Team has to decide sometimes, but really, come on. It's a game.

Maybe it's a pitty that we can interact with each other in the game and in the forum, but never really speak with each other or even (easily) have a beer with each other (or any other beverage, of course) and invite each other for a BBQ and have a nice chat and a laugh with each other.

Seriously, step back a bit, this is a game, we all want to enjoy it. We want to compete with each other, like in a sports event for fun. We don't win a big price when we're successful, we're not enemies. And yes, this also includes that I wouldn't want to see an abuse of the (coded) rules like ordering 100 L4T at the beginning and using them for slot blocking.

This issue has to be tackled, but in my eyes at a different spot: why not limit the total number of planes (in addition to their value) available in the immediate delivery program? Let's cap it at e.g. 20. That would allow for a good mix for most cases, AS Team could even allow for a manual override if someone argues his ideas and slot reservations at the very beginning wouldn't be an issue. The flights between different airports of one city: sorry, AS Team, but in my eyes, this has to be blocked in the code, if it is something that is not allowed. I'm part of teams for online games for almost 20 years now, and it's my strong believe that besides from some really hard to code things (like nameing policies), all rules should be laid down in code - or, the other way round: everything that's allowed by the code used for the game world is legal behaviour (besides abusing bugs). The code can be changed, of course, to get rid of unwanted behaviour, but as long as it's not bug abusing, it's not cheating (and well, I'm quite sure you now can bring up some cases to me where i would decide otherwise, but hey, execpetions confirm the rules).

As mentioned by Banff, and as I wrote here

It is possible that those flights will not be possible to operate in the near future.

@ schoos

If you'd work for me and I'd cut your salary just because I like so. Would you be happy if I'd say: "Don't worry. Just work around it. Take a second job. Get creative." 

The second real world payment is involved the rules change. You are, at least morally, allowed to have requirements. As a very new player I'm confronted with people that block endless amounts of slots in basically every major airport - effectively making it impossible or at least very difficult for me to fly there. If those airports would be blocked, as some are, by "normal" airlines it's ok for me, I don't feel treated unfair and disrespectful.

To give you another example: When you get with your daughter to the sandbox and it's already occupied by other children playing, you'd be ok with that, wouldn't you? But how do you react if the sandbox is occupied by dogs? Or older people doing whatever? Or just by people blocking it and doing nothing? I don't think you'd be fine with that. At least I'd get furious.

If you'd work for me and I'd cut your salary just because I like so. Would you be happy if I'd say: "Don't worry. Just work around it. Take a second job. Get creative." 

Well, you maybe need to get a bit more experience in the real world: if my employer wants to cut my salary, he has to negotiate with me about a change in contract. If not and he decides to pay me less, well, he breaches the contract and depending on the jurisdiction, he might get some serious problems. If law is weak, well, maybe it's also a good time to say "Good bye, I don't want your money, but you can do all your work on your own!"

The second real world payment is involved the rules change. You are, at least morally, allowed to have requirements. 

You are always allowed to have requirements, even if you don't pay money. But the more money you pay, the more service you can expect to get back and expect faster responses etc. But, seriously: Martin made a statement a while back about the financial status of the simulation. The payment is covering the costs for the servers and then there's a bit left to contribute to his income; other team members are doing it more or less volunteerily. I'm doing IT services in my professional life, and I know what customers have to pay to get solution times for tickets within 2 or 3 days.It's a slightly more than 12 Eurocent per day.

As a very new player I'm confronted with people that block endless amounts of slots in basically every major airport - effectively making it impossible or at least very difficult for me to fly there. If those airports would be blocked, as some are, by "normal" airlines it's ok for me, I don't feel treated unfair and disrespectful.

You would have the same problems in real world airlining: slots at the major airports are used up. That's how live is, unless you're starting something really new. 

To give you another example: When you get with your daughter to the sandbox and it's already occupied by other children playing, you'd be ok with that, wouldn't you? But how do you react if the sandbox is occupied by dogs? Or older people doing whatever? Or just by people blocking it and doing nothing? I don't think you'd be fine with that. At least I'd get furious.

First of all you can't compare that. Second, So far I thought most people I'm interacting here are adults, but maybe from some discussions, i should maybe change the impression I got?  

Third, With a small kid, it's a bit different: they don't follow arguments (yet). They want something, and they don't accept when it's not available for some reason. Indeed a big problem, when you promise to your kid. But on more adult point again, the question is: how much do you pay for it? Here in CHina, there's sand boxes where you actually have to pay for using it. And yes, I do expect that that they are usable (including toys), when they sell me a ticket. In Germany, some sandboxes are on public playgrounds, in public parks. The old(er) people have the same rights to use them, they also contributed to financing them with they tax money. Usually it's sufficient to remind 10 or 15 year old kids that they can play their way as soon as the small kids are gone, politely. If not, what actually do you want to get furious about? That other people use public resources? Would yelling at them help? Or you want to call the police, sue them? 

No, I’m not trolling. I’m just realistic. If one programmer has to invest half the time in policing all the reporting we would never see a new aspect to this game. Of course I report people. It’s after all the a way to teach those players that cannot find a search function to search for 90% of the information that there are rules to be followed. And why get my knickers in a knot about cheating on a non permanent world? I rather have the powers that be invest scares resources in a new permanent world where it would make sense to get upset about cheaters. And the argument that because paying real money - seriously?!?! We are talking about a world that will be deleted in about 6 months. Your money cannot be that valuable to you if you are willing to invest in Quimby. If money is an issue, then chose a permanent world. The entitlement issues some players have are out of relation to a product consisting out of 0s and 1s.

Sorry, i have to say it: this whole discussion reminds me sometimes, when I watch my daughter playing in a sandbox, and I see other kids argueing about their toys. And when they're not getting what they want they go and run to their mommy or daddy and complain. Admittedly, the case is a bit different here, abuse *is* possible in the game and AS Team has to decide sometimes, but really, come on. It's a game.

This isn’t about “not getting what we want”. It’s about people consistently breaking the rules, over and over again. You’re basically saying that if I’m playing football (soccer) and someone just keeps picking up the ball and running around with it, I’m supposed to keep quiet and “just deal with it” because “it’s just a game” and “there’s no real damage”. Can’t you see how ridiculous your argument is?

Games have rules, and people who aren’t willing to play by the rules simply aren’t welcome.

This isn't about "not getting what we want". It's about people consistently breaking the rules, over and over again. You're basically saying that if I'm playing football (soccer) and someone just keeps picking up the ball and running around with it, I'm supposed to keep quiet and "just deal with it" because "it's just a game" and "there's no real damage". Can't you see how ridiculous your argument is?

Games have rules, and people who aren’t willing to play by the rules simply aren’t welcome.

Already around 20 years ago, I started to do development for online games, and I have the strong believe that rules for these games have to be laid down in code running the game, at least as long as technically possible. Of course, you usually have the clauses "no cheating with bugs" and "no abuse", and in these cases the game admin(s) have to decide, but once an abuse possibility is found, it should be closed by changing the code. Period. If flights from PEK to NAY shouldn't be made, in my eyes there should be code that prevents this flights.If that code is not in place, it has to explicitly listed as not allowed somewhere. And for your information, there is a page in the wiki http://en.airlinesim.aero/wiki/index.php/Tutorial/1.5/general/Game_Ruleswhich lists explictly forbidden connections. PEK/NAY is not listed. 

But nevertheless, the "sandbox" behaviour I was refering to was something different: Initial post on 18th, complaint about staff not reacting on 21st, just implying that staff is slow and has nothing else to do and was just waiting to deal with his complaint. And then look back on one of the last threads of this thread's OP about bullying with airline names. 

The question is if there should be a hard regulation (not possible via code) or a soft solution (for example adjust the landing fees - that would be more realistic). It is not a matter of the program - that would be too easy. I'm sure I'm not disclosing anything by saying there will be a possible solution to the old problem soon.

Soft solutions (fees) never work.

@ schoos

To compare making a living and providing for ones family is a bit different then that of a GAME that costs less than a cup of coffee a day to play.

While I agree that it’s upsetting to see how people think an airline in PEK should be run (using LET), these players are going nowhere with this on Quimby. By the time they can replace their aircraft with ones that reflect the pax capacity in China, the game world will end.

It is also upsetting that some people complaining about LET / slot blocking are interlining with those airlines. That’s quite a double standard.

I stopped interlining with such companies. Their 19seaters can’t generate enough connection pax. I figured out that those companies are a waste of IL-fees.

As for PEK: There are many other interesting airports in the region. So, I fly there. So, what’s the real problem?

As the airline that was reported is now unreported and nothing has changed, obviously the rules allow to block basically half of the top30 airports in the world with an endless number of ATR-42F flights. That's good to know. There are some airports I want to get out of slots. Guess I have to create some freigther airlines.

null

So you think a solution that will affect nearly EVERY player on here should be rushed in without any consideration?!?

null

and this has clearly not been a suitable solution therefore as you have been told a new solution has to be sought...

Just because the team are planning a solution that will prevent rule breaking in the future doesn’t mean the current rule breakers should not be punished. That’s like saying current burglars shouldn’t face trial because in the future there will be better locks.

Whatever solution is planned for the future, there are people at this very moment benefitting from breaking the rules and ruining the enjoyment for everybody else, and getting away scot-free. And apparently we’re not supposed to care because

it’s just a game.