With Otto comes even more pesky critters

So the gods blessed us with a new game world if even just a temporary one… yet of Spezialist’s promise during UABgate that we will soon have a ruling on he use of small aircraft came just the sound of crickets. Not only is PEK down 40% in slots by means of the usual player doing his thing, SZX lost 850 slots overnight in the same fashion. Is it really too much to ask to finally make a call on this dragged out saga? Or will we be fed another excuse as to why the rules are like a teabag in the Pacific Ocean… I don’t see where the benefit for new players are when the masters of the small props fills up cities for the 3rd consecutive world within weeks…

Well, from a "noobie" perspective, I am too busy trying to figure everything out than worry about it. Is it against the rules though? I don't remember a rule I could apply against such behaviour (even if it seems a bit anti-fun).

Cheers,

Katrín

Hi Katrin - depending on which team member you speak with yes. It’s been dragging for over a year now. Several of us have confirmations either here in the forums or in team member answered emails that flying small aircraft between mega airports are not allowed.

It's been dragging for over a year now.

A year? LOL

I didn’t want to sound too bitchy… but yeah time flies (:

It's been dragging for over a year now.

A year? LOL

I didn't want to sound too bitchy... but yeah time flies (:

No, Bobb meant ... like ... years (with an "s" at the end)

I hear that sound ... bam, bam, bambambam, bam , bam

He now "upgraded" to YK2, but still many Let flights from PEK to 4-6 bar airports.

On server start you could probably get 787 filled to even a 1-bar airport flying from PEK, so no need for the TheSound to use LET to fly 10--->6 bar airports, so yes it is a slot blocking IMO.

I recently tried to use PC 12 cargo between MEL and SYD. It was losing nearly 1K per flight at default prices because the landing fee at both these airports was very high, It wont make any money unless you charge very high (130%), which would obviously get very lower bookings. I finally had to discontinue the service.

I wonder how do these guys make money with LETs everytime. They were successful even in Riem.

In a new world like Otto, 130% of standard price is nothing... they will charge maximum.

Just to let you know that the UAB has already requested the AS team, to find a solution - again. The UAB are totally aware of what's going on.

On a personal level, I am competing myself, against a notorious slot blocker. :huh:

Well, from a "noobie" perspective, I am too busy trying to figure everything out than worry about it. Is it against the rules though? I don't remember a rule I could apply against such behaviour (even if it seems a bit anti-fun).

Cheers,

Katrín

i think it's not the best idea to 'figure everything out' on a newly established server as tons of players, including a lot of old players, are trying to create new companies on it. It will be much better to choose an older server, where you have fewer changes over the time, and it's highly likely to get an empty market as well.

I recently tried to use PC 12 cargo between MEL and SYD. It was losing nearly 1K per flight at default prices because the landing fee at both these airports was very high, It wont make any money unless you charge very high (130%), which would obviously get very lower bookings. I finally had to discontinue the service.

I wonder how do these guys make money with LETs everytime. They were successful even in Riem.

As far as my experience, LET is better than PC 12 because you can put more PAXs with two classes service on board. It still doesn't make too much money per flight even under fully booked condition, unless you charge more. The only benefit you get from LET is easy to fill in, but i really doubt whether you need LET in Peking...

The only reason using LET in 10 bar airports is slot blocking. Sorry but it is simple as this.

Well I’m glad if the UAB is tackling this issue again. It’s ridiculous that the same player do the same spiel every time with the same city and gets away with it. And he/she has been reported now on every single world and there is no action taken. So playing Devils advocate one could almost think that the AS team sponsor his/her behaviour as acceptable. If thats the case where can the rest of us sign up for our favourite cities???

Seriously, I think a hard rule should be implemented in the system, for example, no slimline business class or LET between two airports with 5 bars or above. It is really silly for us to see such incident in every game world.

Some users like the one in PEK is not only using 1 loophole but several at the same time. He uses unrelistic aircraft, seating configuration and prices.

For example having LETs with 19 seats of a 3 class configuration!!! :angry:  And he does this with bigger A/C the same way. So it's not just simple slot blocking!!!

And no player uses these loopholes by mistake or because he is new at this game. This is a simple and effective strategy to gain as lot money as possible in the first weeks and then having a huge advantage when everything is settled after a while. These methods which are beeing discussed since years are giving him such a big advantage in the first few weeks which can not be levelled by his competitors in the following time.

It just takes 2 minutes to figure out the facts, check prices, routes and fleetlist and then punish, ban or do whatever to have a little more equity/fairness on a new gameworld. Why does it take so long?

On Otto, we do have a total of 4 reports for slot blocking airlines that still exist. The reports are being handled, some flight plans have already been improved.

To improve this situation, we're working on an implementation that shall in future prevent obvious cases of slot blocking from being created in the first place.

We haven't received reports about aircraft configurations so far.

I think this situation requires all players to boycott...like cancel IL contract etc.

I am So sorry for my english.

We haven't received reports about aircraft configurations so far.

Yes, maybe because you can only report a company once and not for different reasons.

That is what support@airlinesim.aero is for…

don’t share secrets…

I would like to toss this into the slot blocking dilemma - what happens when you have played on a server for multiple year(s) and eventually control an airport. Would you be considered a slot blocker for say other airlines that would like to fly there or for a newbie who wants to start there? 

An example having 5 min departures between 2 city pairs. When does the slot blocking dilemma end? Because I dread the day when an a321 usage is considered slot blocking.