Historic Server

Hi,

couple of years ago there was the idea of having a server playing in the 60s to 80s with old A/C and old airports. Is this project still on? After couple of years playing AS, it kind feels boring that you can only compete in one way. Furthermore it would also bring more competition, as for example EU Airlines can only start from their own countries anymore. A/C do not have sufficient range for non-stop flights.

I would be really keen on being able to play on such a server.

Chers,

MXM

I would also enjoy it. Though I think it will never become reality due to martin spending much time on an other game and this would require some time.

check this topic http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/2487-historic-game-world/?hl=historic as Martin had a response

It would be a pretty major project as Martin said in that post, but it sure would be fun.

Even if I love aviation and classic aviation, I am not a fan of this. Just adding a punch of prop planes operating in a normal modern world is not fun. If you really want props then get a couple Electras and schedule them on some routehappy. I would personally mostly like a 60s world with DC3, DC4s, DC6, DC7s, 307s, SAAB 50s, Electras and a few "modern" 707s, 720s, DC8s, comets, Caravelles, 990s, etc.  If it should be done it should be properly done. To be honest I would rather prefer martin spending time on a new update to the game or Prosperous Universe which seems like an interesting game.

Even I start calling 50 year old planes "modern", even if some of theese planes mentioned are even four times my age.

As mentioned above of course also the rest of the game should be adapted, not just the old planes. Meaning old countries, demand etc. The mentioned topic is 4 years old and a lot has changed and what I don't know with all the backround changes that came over the last 4 years, maybe now it is much to adapt a gameworld. Furthermore looking at every server I see that at some point only 150-200 players remain on a server.

Honestly we are being told since years there will be major upgrades or further developments to the game, but looking back the only thing that changed in the last couple of years is the layout. And also a historic server would not compromise martins time as mainly data would need to be collected which can easily be done by other people than a programmer...

Honestly we are being told since years there will be major upgrades or further developments to the game, but looking back the only thing that changed in the last couple of years is the layout. [...]

That's not fair MxM. In generel terms, I tend to agree with you most of the time. But to say that the only real change the last couple of years was the layout, that's far from true.

I recall many new features since I started.

That's not fair MxM. In generel terms, I tend to agree with you most of the time. But to say that the only real change the last couple of years was the layout, that's far from true.

I recall many new features since I started.

Maybe my comment was to harsh, but just scroll through the announcement section and it tends most changes are around the game (Layout, Performance etc.). Anyhow this is not my point and I don't want to blame. My point is more: I am a yearlong player (more than 10 years) and I kind get bored with the game play as it is all to similar and I would wish there is something new that is different to the other 15+ Gameworlds.