Alliances

Is it worth joining an alliance in this game?

I applied and was accepted into an alliance and then removed within 24 hours..... which doesn't seem at all friendly or 

respectful as no reason was given for removing me from the alliance.

But is it actually worth joining an alliance in this game world?  How much will it increase my airlines loads or

profit?

It wont increase your loads or profits at all.

Exactly this question is asked atleast ones every month. And everytime exactly the same awnser is given. I will you challange to find 10 exactly similar awnsers given this year.

It wont increase your loads or profits at all.

Exactly this question is asked atleast ones every month. And everytime exactly the same awnser is given. I will you challange to find 10 exactly similar awnsers given this year.

Well, not exactly...

Some alliances can have internal policies with regards to interlining, which can help loads & profits.  However, this isn't the case for every alliance.  I've deliberately avoided joining an alliance because some of my existing interline partners belong to alliances that disallow interlining with members of another alliance; but on the other hand, I've also lost agreements with some other airlines when they decided on an alliance-only policy for interlining.

For the most part, membership within an alliance is only an ego boost.  Membership in one has no tangible benefit unless the alliance has internal policies in place.

Yes, some alliances have policies but no there is nothing forcing you to take part of them. You might be kicked out if you don't but their is nothing in the game mechanics forcing you to. Personally I am a Unity Skies member which is more for personal pride in being part of the best alliance. I can also put my competitors on the internal red list which will not allow them to cooperate with them and if another member offers and interlining agreement I have to accept it.

There is also the negative part of being part of alliances as you might be put on the red list of other alliances and CEOs who you previously cooperated much with might turn against you. I have personally had many of my mentorees who have joined competing alliances and who have not wanted any cooperation with my airlines.

That is why you should always join the biggest alliance in order to be certain that you always will have friends.

Well, the alliance in-game function is merely cosmetic at the moment.

An alliance need to have internal policy and commitment to enforce it,

before it can realized any financial benefit and strategic advantage..

It's not about joining the biggest, but also the most lively, most active..

One can be big, but without interaction and activity, it's as good as zombie.

If you can't join one, you could try make one, and rally players with similar thoughts.  :D

Thanks for the replies,   I'm sorry Captain CBE that you feel I've wasted your time by asking the same question as others have on a monthly basis, however I am still thankful that you have replied.

FO Kenmuir  thank you also for your reply.

From what I've gathered from the replies an having looked at other threads in this forum is that Alliances have no benefit on an airline, other than to massage the ego of the ceo and for 

alliance members to work together to the detriment of other playing in different alliances or players of no alliance.   It seems to me that such actions, being placed on 'red'lists, being

actively discriminated against goes against the ethos of Airlinesim as a game to have everyone playing on the same level playing field.  The fact that such underhand tactics are not

only allowed, but accepted and encouraged by players and Airlinesim's operators and management is deeply disappointing and indicative of war simulations rather than enjoyable games.   

Thanks for the replies,   I'm sorry Captain CBE that you feel I've wasted your time by asking the same question as others have on a monthly basis, however I am still thankful that you have replied.

FO Kenmuir  thank you also for your reply.

From what I've gathered from the replies an having looked at other threads in this forum is that Alliances have no benefit on an airline, other than to massage the ego of the ceo and for 

alliance members to work together to the detriment of other playing in different alliances or players of no alliance.   It seems to me that such actions, being placed on 'red'lists, being

actively discriminated against goes against the ethos of Airlinesim as a game to have everyone playing on the same level playing field.  The fact that such underhand tactics are not

only allowed, but accepted and encouraged by players and Airlinesim's operators and management is deeply disappointing and indicative of war simulations rather than enjoyable games.   

Hey Jese.

The thing is that it was MY alliance (Star Team) that you had applied to join the I as the founder as you heard, and asked members to reject you, which they did not, you belong on jersey and I belong to London LHR and we accept only one member per country, that's why I threw you out again.

I'm sorry if you felt you stepped on.

Best Regards Andrew.

I don't agree.

Most alliances are proposing cooperations which can be planned in an internal forum. There are alliances with strict policies (f.e. ILs with alliance members only) but as long as I am playing this game now, I have not heard of an alliance who is in war and is acting with "redlisted" actions. Competition is the same as if you would play alone. Of course there are discussions how to gain access to certain markets or how to compete another alliance or company - but what is wrong with this? Even if alliance members offer benefits like cheap planes to other alliance members, they still have to use the official way, the used plane market. Terminal space will be cheaper for alliance members - but there is nothing wrong with this.

If you find the right alliance it can be fun as you are playing more in a group than if you are playing for yourself. That is a benefit in my eyes.

Redlist maybe is the wrong word but I have recived and sent messages like this one:

“Dont colaporate with ********** because he is a competitor to our alliance”

But again the question: what is wrong with this? As long as these messages are not harsh and threatening (I would include a simple "please"), there is nothing wrong with it. My 2cents. I have received those messages from non-alliance company who wanted to warn me to enter their territory but I did not care.

For the alliance i'm in, we simply posted the 'blacklist' (i think it's a better word than 'redlist' :)) on the forum. If the IL already signed before applying for the membership, we really don't ask to terminate the IL. Actually i think members don't care unless the IL partner is threatening our own network, which i believe haven't happened for a really long time.

There're alliances are more ILs friendly than others. For these alliances, there isn't many disadvantages. You might even be able to get discount on terminal services. 

I sent and received messages similar to the one CBE posted, but it's not because of the alliance; it's more caused by the market competition. 

Deleted

deleted

Deleted

deleted as not to hijack this thread

There is so much hate and negativity in this forum and in this game that it is astounding.  The fact that you seem to think its fine, ok and acceptable and good practice to have blacklists or redlists in order to 

target airlines that are not in your alliances is rather reprehensible and rather reminiscent of  junior school when kids had gangs and targeted other kids cuz they aint in our gang!   

The thing is that it was MY alliance (Star Team) that you had applied to join the I as the founder as you heard, and asked members to reject you, which they did not, you belong on jersey and I belong to London LHR and we accept only one member per country, that's why I threw you out again.

I'm sorry if you felt you stepped on.

Best Regards Andrew.

Thank you for that reply Andrew,  may I suggest that in future to other players, you actually message them when you kick people out, that your other members had already voted to accept. Also, perhaps you should actually put your alliance rules on its information page, so perspective members can see them and decide whether or not to join your alliance.

I'm sorry you felt so threatened by my little airline that you had to kick me out.   Don't worry,  I will not apply again to your dictatorship, sorry I mean alliance.

I am sorry to sat that the only real tangible thing I am taking from my experience here is that this is the least friendly and least cooperative airline simulation platforms I have ever used.  I wish you all well for the future.    

Same for you, Jase99 - I agree that it is kindergarden how some (really some) alliances are behaving, but everybody is free not to join these kindergarden gangs. And as far as I can see it, at least many of the alliances are behaving cooperative and friendly and are just having fun to share their strategies and progress of the individual airlines. It is the same in real life: you want to be friendly with certain people and others you don't like for whatever reason.

I speak only for Connexus on Devau, but we operate a very friendly and flexible approach to membership. Granted we have a rule in place where by only 1 airline from any country can apply, but even with this we can be flexible. The likes of US, China & Russia for example can take a couple of airlines.We don't forbid interlining with competitors, and certainly don't have a blacklist of any sort. We work together for new airlines to expand and grow to larger airlines.

Perhaps you should look at joining us over here?