Possible flights between Cuba and the USA

Hello

After 50 years of embargo, USA and Cuba can again be served by air since today

The first flight will be operated by JetBlue from Fort Lauderdale to Santa Clara

Is AirlineSim updated regarding this happy fact ?

See you

use the search bar, try something fancy such as “Cuba” as a search term et voilá, sou have an answer

Mate you can even have a flight from Nirth Korea

lol North Korea  :)

Normally the game should be updated to permit users to operate USA-Cuba flights as it is ok irl now

The truth is the current flights are more of an experiment still.  And we have to consider what a new administration coming in will do with any deals made with Cuba.  (While Trump did horribly overall with the hispanic vote his Cuban vote trended better.  That doesn't come without a price.

Try to transport passengers via other countries like Costa Rica or Guatemala to the US.

Try to transport passengers via other countries like Costa Rica or Guatemala to the US.

Wont work, as it is not just that the flight is restricted but no passagers will be generated.

I will be flying from MIA to HAV in December with my most hated airline in the world AA. I hoped to never again fly them but I had no other choice.

Wont work, as it is not just that the flight is restricted but no passagers will be generated.

Why should those flights be restricted? Costa Rica and Guatemala are both investment open countries - create a sub there and you can of course transport passengers.

Why should those flights be restricted? Costa Rica and Guatemala are both investment open countries - create a sub there and you can of course transport passengers.

So far as I know, there is no generated demand for passengers from the US to Cuba.  A CR or Guatemala airline can fly there, but they won't have passengers transferring from a US airport.  

Even in real life, I don't believe there is unrestricted travel - just a loosening of restrictions to get a travel permit for one of the 12 sanctioned reasons (of which tourism isn't one).  There are still Americans flying to Cuba by way of Air Canada and WestJet, just on separate tickets, as neither website will permit a through booking.  

What I wanted to say (and what I am doing and which also works): fly from SJO or GUA to Cuba and to US. You will transport a couple of passengers from and to Cuba / US. It works quite well with my airlines there.

What I wanted to say (and what I am doing and which also works): fly from SJO or GUA to Cuba and to US. You will transport a couple of passengers from and to Cuba / US. It works quite well with my airlines there.

Yes, but only passengers who come to or go from somewhere else, and use these places for transit.

I have had airline in NAS, BGI and PTY with great loads to Cuba and to US but none connecting I am afraid. Please read the section on the wiki.

CBE - what should I read in wiki? I know that direct flights are not possible. But I have definitely transfer passengers from Cuba to SJO and then to the US.

There is other weird things.

For instance you can fly from Armenia to Azerbaijan (and it is quite profitable) while the 2 countries are actually at war and hate each other big time (more than Cuba/USA imo)

Ukraine …

CBE - what should I read in wiki? I know that direct flights are not possible. But I have definitely transfer passengers from Cuba to SJO and then to the US.

What CBE is trying to say (and refer you to the wiki for) is that there is no in-game passenger demand between Cuba and the US. I.e., no passengers will book your US-SJO-Cuba connection.

How do you know that you will transport pax originating in Cuba and ending their journey in the US or v/v?