Beating competitor in ORS but flights are near empty

I’m flying a once daily A320 on the route ARN-AGH whilst my competitor is flying three times daily ATR 72-600s. Despite my flight being cheaper, higher in the ORS and faster, all of his flights are full while mine struggle to crack 20%. How is this possible given that he has 2 interlining partners, not a member of any alliance and I’ve interlinked with both of those companies?

EDIT: I’m flying on Otto

The usual question

1) Server

2) Your airline

After having these details someone may have a look.

The usual question

1. Server

2. Your airline

After having these details someone may have a look.

The post says I’m on OTTO. The airline is Swede air (Original, I know)

Sorry, i did not see OTTO.

As I first guess, I would think of inbound connecting flights, or better connection time with interlining partners - long connections really can kill ORS rating for connecting flights.

Given the way the ORS is working in addition, it is often profitable to have multiple flights operated by small aircraft rather than a single one operated by a bigger aircraft.

I didn’t specifically look at your case on Otto though.

Inbound connections is king here. So looking at comparing your flights. Allowing for ARN min connection time of 1:15. And max reasonable connection time of 6:00.

Your 01:15 flight has connections from...

HAD-ARN

LLA-ARN

MMX-ARN

OSL-ARN

VBY-ARN

Their 01:10 flight has connections from...

SXF-ARN

GSE-ARN x2

GOT-ARN

HEL-ARN

LHR-ARN

LLA-ARN

MMX-ARN

MAN-ARN

OSD-ARN

UME-ARN

So you are relying on 6 cities to fill your ARN-AGH, where as they are relying on 12

Inbound connections is king here. So looking at comparing your flights. Allowing for ARN min connection time of 1:15. And max reasonable connection time of 6:00.

Your 01:15 flight has connections from…

HAD-ARN

LLA-ARN

MMX-ARN

OSL-ARN

VBY-ARN

Their 01:10 flight has connections from…

SXF-ARN

GSE-ARN x2

GOT-ARN

HEL-ARN

LHR-ARN

LLA-ARN

MMX-ARN

MAN-ARN

OSD-ARN

UME-ARN

So you are relying on 6 cities to fill your ARN-AGH, where as they are relying on 12

The problem with that is that my interlining partners have the routes:

TLL-ARN x2

TRD-ARN

MUC-ARN

OSL-ARN

LHR-ARN

HEL-ARN

MAN-ARN (On Wednesdays)

DUS-ARN

VIE-ARN

All within the 6 hours. His two interlining partners offer no flights within those times.

You will not get any interline pax on flights that have 5-6 hour layover, not unless we are talking of connections to a very long distance flights.

On very short flights, even a 120 minute layover pushes your rating down to a value of 10-15 (not "by", but "to"!!!)

You will not get any interline pax on flights that have 5-6 hour layover, not unless we are talking of connections to a very long distance flights.

On very short flights, even a 120 minute layover pushes your rating down to a value of 10-15 (not “by”, but “to”!!!)

But it would do the same thing for my competitor and given we are looking in the same timeframe, I don’t think connections are the answer.