New World

Hi Mods

I think this is correct but is there a new world starting on the 1st November when Quimby ends?

thanks

A new Quimby (time-limited game world) will be the next launch, but it'll probably take a few more days or weeks before it starts.

Hi

Is there any update from the mods on this?

Spezialist's statement is still valid. Current plan is to launch some time in November.

Spezialist's statement is still valid. Current plan is to launch some time in November.

Will there be a heads up, or is it simply going to be launched without warning ?

as always in the past, there will be an announcement either at the time of the launch or with a little warning of a/several days.

but then again, what difference does it make..

edit: no team member, just how it's "always" been.

as always in the past, there will be an announcement either at the time of the launch or with a little warning of a/several days.

but then again, what difference does it make..

edit: no team member, just how it's "always" been.

You just described two alternative scenarios. I know that's how it's been in the past, that's why I asked if it has been decided how it's going to be this time ...

Wasn’t the question if it were to be launched without warning? Answered it with “no”, just using more words.

Wasn't the question if it were to be launched without warning? Answered it with "no", just using more words.

Sorry, I don't mean to nitpick, but you wrote

"there will be an announcement either at the time of the launch or with a little warning of a/several days"

To me that is two separate scenarios. At the time of the launch means no warning, little warning of a/several days means a heads up.

But this is straying away from the original purpose of the thread, I can leave it at this.

We only know as much as yukawa does, though. No decision made yet.

We only know as much as yukawa does, though. No decision made yet.

Hi

Sorry for this, but is there a decision made yet? I'm really excited to play airlinesim, I would like to play in a fresh, new world from zero.

Hi

Sorry for this, but is there a decision made yet? I'm really excited to play airlinesim, I would like to play in a fresh, new world from zero.

As would I, I'm ready to throw some money at a new world! Not at an old one though. I've been checking every day to see if there's an update. 

Why waiting for a new world? Old ones have an advantage, if you come early after someone liquidates, frequently others do not notice and you can build up your company with little or no competition for weeks. This cannot be said about new worlds where every imaginable country gets 2, 3 or more competitors.

Thats partially true. But the negative part is that if you want to make a route to LHR, JFK whatever, youre pretty much fked

Not true on most servers. To start in LHR or JFK might be impossible but there are slots available.

I would also like to start on a new server but not on a temporary one. Next world will again be temporary.

By the way: I would love that Quimby will start again soon as then all the new players who are now jumping on the established servers with silly concepts would immediately disappear again... :)

There are much chances on allready established servers. If you search for ‘opportunities’ you will find a lot of places where nobody has a hub. If everone wants to be that big airline in Europa, USA of Japan/china, AS has to launch a new world weekly.

Any updates on this? I mean do the admins really not know or do they hide the info on purpose?

Any updates on this? I mean do the admins really not know or do they hide the info on purpose?

Does knowing whether we know make any difference to you? ;)

But if it makes you feel better: We don't know. We have a rough idea, but no concrete plans.

Does knowing whether we know make any difference to you? ;)

Yes. I don't need to log on AirlineSim every hour to know if a new world has been created yet.