ORS vs. Flight Schedule

Hi,

what does it mean if I see a flight in ORS, but I can't see the same flight in airport's flight schedule and also in company's flight schedule? Was the flight cancelled already, but it is still kept in ORS for some time?

Please check: Quimby V, route GDL-HAV-GDL, flights FME 16/FME 17

Thanx…

it means,  u have scheduled a flight, activated the schedule, the flights got entered into the system, you then removed the flight from the aircraft's schedule. now it will still happen, but isn't on your schedule anymore.

if you want to cancel the flight, go to the "flights"-tab of the aircraft operating that flight. alternatively, you can go to inventory and look at that particular route.

it means, u have scheduled a flight, activated the schedule, the flights got entered into the system, you then removed the flight from the aircraft's schedule. now it will still happen, but isn't on your schedule anymore.

This is strange, because either is my understanding that flights removed from a flight plan of aircraft X and not scheduled on flight plan of some aircraft Y do get “removed” from the ORS (a known bug) and therefore get no further bookings. But maybe the “removal” is not immediate.

just deactivating or deleting the schedule of an aircraft has - to my knowledge or in my experience -  never removed the flights already entered into the system. they always remain as they should and get bookings.

but you are right that there was some kind of bug regarding bookings. not really sure, what that was about, though.

just deactivating or deleting the schedule of an aircraft has - to my knowledge or in my experience -  never removed the flights already entered into the system. they always remain as they should and get bookings.

but you are right that there was some kind of bug regarding bookings. not really sure, what that was about, though.

See my posts here:

http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/9014-no-bookings-after-deleted-schedule/

I think the flight only disappears from the ORS the next time flights would be generated (i.e about half an hour or so afterwards).

@ Bobb - flight instancing is now almost immediate. The disappearance is somewhere between the deletion and next instancing time for the specific flight in question.

it means,  u have scheduled a flight, activated the schedule, the flights got entered into the system, you then removed the flight from the aircraft's schedule. now it will still happen, but isn't on your schedule anymore.

if you want to cancel the flight, go to the "flights"-tab of the aircraft operating that flight. alternatively, you can go to inventory and look at that particular route.

These flights weren't mine, but my competitor's.

I only described what I see....