Price range and plane types

Hi there,

this is one of my first "real" gameworlds in airlinesim. I started before but was driven off but people who exactly new what they had to do to get a head start (lots of cheap crappy planes, for example) and were therefore growing exponentially faster than I was.

In the new quimby there are no used planes which makes the whole thing a bit better.

But now I see airlines going for cross-the-pond routes with narrow-body planes and charing maximum possible price - and it fully booked! Also on other routes with high demand and low supply the prices of this airline are stretched. It's ridiculous...

I was wondering - is that legal? Where's the limit? What can be done against such competition?

Cheers

Flo

What should be illegal here? As long as the minimum price is met, all good. The limit is 200% on standard price.

On a new server, the demand is of course higher as competition in the beginning (and quite long) is different to other worlds. You are naming one of the reasons, it's the lack of used planes.

I like the servers which includes used planes aswell better. Its much more realistic

The servers that include the old planes place a premium on starting just as the server starts.  If you wait 24 hours all the "best" old planes will be taken. 

Now the "long-haul big plane strategy" is known it is unlikely to be as successful on the next real server start if many try to replicate it.

Now the "long-haul big plane strategy" is known it is unlikely to be as successful on the next real server start if many try to replicate it.

You know that the pricing model has been remade with the last server launches? It is neither the classic model like most old worlds but neither the "newer" model like Ellinikon or Reim. I suggest you have a rethink regarding the most effective strategy. It is not necessarily long haul.

What should be illegal here? As long as the minimum price is met, all good. The limit is 200% on standard price.

On a new server, the demand is of course higher as competition in the beginning (and quite long) is different to other worlds. You are naming one of the reasons, it's the lack of used planes.

If you don't understand it, then I understand why airlinesim is such a closed community for a hand full of expert players (and why I have been stuck to other airline simulations over the past years without getting a real chance to get a foot into one of the open or even the opening servers).

I don't know why you're closing your eyes to this: The problem here is that you cater for a few "crazy" expert players that are not interested in "playing" but in totally dominating the world from the beginning. The player that I mention should face competition, of course, and then everything would be fine. But there is too much demand and too few players. And one of the reasons there's so much unmet demand at his hub is that I already see players offering overcapacity and fighting for pax on some other routes. So the majority of players simply does not spend the time to look for those freaks and fight them, they just want a peaceful game, spend a few hours here and there but not their entire life in airlinesim.

Seems like you have too inhomogeneous a crowd of players. Very few players who try to "break" the game by employing a killer strategy. And 99% of the players who just want to have fun - which stands in strong opposition to the first group of players. You need to rethink if you want to cater for a few or for the majority (which also screams loudest in the forum... as was made obvious when the new plane restriction feature was introduced).

Without being part of the team or speaking for them, they clearly stated in the past, on several occassions, that the product airlinesim is intended to be a challenging economy simulator around building airlines.

It is a product for a niche market - but so are aviation simuators in general.

I can't quite yet grasp what your complaint is... can you please be more specific about what bothers you?

Which markets are you attempting to crack?

If you don't understand it, then I understand why airlinesim is such a closed community for a hand full of expert players (and why I have been stuck to other airline simulations over the past years without getting a real chance to get a foot into one of the open or even the opening servers).

I don't know why you're closing your eyes to this: The problem here is that you cater for a few "crazy" expert players that are not interested in "playing" but in totally dominating the world from the beginning. The player that I mention should face competition, of course, and then everything would be fine. But there is too much demand and too few players. And one of the reasons there's so much unmet demand at his hub is that I already see players offering overcapacity and fighting for pax on some other routes. So the majority of players simply does not spend the time to look for those freaks and fight them, they just want a peaceful game, spend a few hours here and there but not their entire life in airlinesim.

Seems like you have too inhomogeneous a crowd of players. Very few players who try to "break" the game by employing a killer strategy. And 99% of the players who just want to have fun - which stands in strong opposition to the first group of players. You need to rethink if you want to cater for a few or for the majority (which also screams loudest in the forum... as was made obvious when the new plane restriction feature was introduced).

Don't know either which market you want to crack.

I can find spots every day on different servers where you can play very peacefully. There are many "niches". If you intend to play a bit slow in crowded markets like US, China or EU, then I would recommend to stay away. There are the experts who know how to tackle the market.

AS is all about strategy, and of course there is competition as it is part of the strategy. There are players who will not allow anybody else to enter their market but there are others who support and invite new players to join in - depending on the server. Try Aspern or Idlewild - also Gatow. Search for a nice spot with little competition, search for nice people (there are a lot of nice players) and play the game. I don't see a problem to be honest.