Market Share 49th calendar week (data analysis of Pearls)

Hello,

based at the airlinesim statistics for the last week, i tried to get a closer look to the situation of the server i am playing on. After four years online, pearls got a duopol situation: there are two Alliances, who transport more than 90 percent of all Pearls passengers (and yes, i am a part of this :wink: ).

Pax per week by alliances (from 135 Mio passengers total)

mn7zpjva.jpg

On another view, i tried to figure out, wich players are the top five on pearls. So i count all passengers of their airlines … and oh yes, these five ones carry on lots of passengers in relation to 78 other players. (Remember, on pearls is only one holding allowed per player) :

Pax per week by players

xtxnhlq5.jpg

(Players with cargo-only airlines are not considered in this chart)

Why can they transport so many paxes? On another step, i count the airlines, some players have. Here are only the players with more than five airlinines:

Airlines by players (except)

xzx4zh8o.jpg

23 Airlines owned by one player! :blink:

More charts will follow…

Thanks to my friends and a note to the AS-Team:

All data where copy and pasted once from the public database by simple mark them with the mouse and get them to Excel. There was no script or something else, but true handwork converting the data within Excel to make them ready for analysis. If there would be a “download data” or “export to csv” button at the future, i would be very happy :wink: Many additional information have to been added, e.g. who is the player´s name behind an airline or in wich alliance is an airline or where is the airline located - all in long hours by hand.

So i have to say many thanks to RainerD, SmartMichi and some others of my friends from the QualityConnect Alliance, for adding information to my data-table.

Interesting, the situation on Stapleton has some more players in it, 17% for one player is a lot.

Pearls is - well, outstanding...

The next step was to figure out wich planes are used on Pearls. First i count all planes and sort them by manufactures. Boeing seems to be very popular ;)

Planes by manufacturer

hbr5w4x3.jpg

Boeings popularity is based on the 737-900 in all of its variants. No other plane is more in use on Pearls than the 737-900 - followed be the 737-700 at the 2nd place. 

TOP10 planes on Pearls

eohzupuv.jpg

A bigger and detailed analysis with some eyecandy of the Pearls global fleet will follow within the next days.

(Here again, all data was collected manually)

Interesting data, but seems to be a lot of work. It will be great if they can be part of the data provided by game, maybe along with the airport data so that people can understand each server better

Shows how people are really boring... only taking 73Js... :( Most annoying part is that you can see it throughout the servers that people have 1000 73J with a big chunk on longrange and if you look at their hubs there are no slots.. talking about slotblocking, ey.  ;)

Shows how people are really boring... only taking 73Js... :( Most annoying part is that you can see it throughout the servers that people have 1000 73J with a big chunk on longrange and if you look at their hubs there are no slots.. talking about slotblocking, ey.  ;)

Yeah, thats awful. I have the A321s instead :D.

Yeah, thats awful. I have the A321s instead :D.

Well, i don't think 321 is any better than 739 on the slot blocking case...  <_<

Interesting data, but seems to be a lot of work. It will be great if they can be part of the data provided by game, maybe along with the airport data so that people can understand each server better

I agree :) It takes a lot of time to collect all single plane data in an extra sheet. But i was really interested in wich planes are the famous ones and so i did it. The numbers i am showing here are the produced planes. I did not separate them into "used" planes and planes wich are waiting at the market.

I am using lots of 321, too. For saving slots, i really would change some of them to A332 or something else, but its not economical due tue the very long tournaround times and very high maintenance cost. Tried A332 instead of 321 on LHR-AMS some weeks ago and it was disappointing. -_-

awesome statistics and great work. thanks for this - its really fun and interesting to read.

Thank you! I think about a short update this summer (pax by alliance and player), but can´t promise it. It´s much work to collect all information.

(a CSV dump would be nice :wink:

Cool, great work! By continent would be interesting as well! Really great, or as trump would say it: " my idea, totally awesome"! :slight_smile:

@Skywalker74 & Kunibert06

For the first half of 2017 I will use the dates available on July 3rd.

I will to the preliminary work and skywalker makes them beautiful (in case he like to do that :) )

Oh yes, Rainer, that´s a great idea!  I´d like to do this with your help (again) :) Makes it much easier for me.

@Kunibert: good hint, to have a closer to look to the data by continent! I try my best ;)