Questions about cost to fly to smaller airports, and cargo flight in ors..

1. As I try to extend my network to smaller airports, I have leased a few smaller ATR42 for smaller capcity, which I fitted with 40 seats. But after booking come in I found that even a full flight would be lost making/barely profitable with ~$900 variable cost, ~$2300 flight related cost and ~$500 fixed cost on a ~250nm flight. I’ve checked other planes with sinilar capacity are no cheaper to operate, sp how to operate them viably? by raising price?

2. I was trying to search for connection between VVO and ANC on otto for Y class, but why flights done with 777F and MD11F would shows up in the result?

1. How do you know that fully booked flights would make a loss? And which prices do you offer?

2. did you uncheck the cargo-box? If not, just do this and you will not find any cargo flights in your list.

1. How do you know that fully booked flights would make a loss? And which prices do you offer?

1. did you uncheck the cargo-box? If not, just do this and you will not find any cargo flights in your list.

• There are a few flights that are booked 40/40 or close to 40/40 and I click into them it show the flight are not gaining money, and for flights woth few open seats, the differences are also greater than price of tickets multiply by remaining seats. The price I am offering is 100%.

• I did have unchecked cargo

• then raise your prices. I don't know which routes you are flying and where but you should try to raise the prices. It is possible to earn money with ATRs, that's for sure.

If you have unchecked cargo flights, then I don't know. Sorry.

Also try increasing the number of flights operated by those planes. If the fixed weekly costs (salaries, leasing, etc.) are split between more flights, the costs per flight will be lower.

Do you have a business and economy cabin? Are your 40 seats all econ? If so, you can’t make a profit because you are charging low fares on a small airplane with premium seats. The ATR42 isn’t much cheaper to operate than the 72- I don’t generally use it as a big part of my fleet. If I’m operating ATRs I’ll have a bunch of 72s, and a few 42s to scout out new routes and city pairs.

So:

Increase seat count

Raise prices if possible

Don’t view the ATR-42 as a maoney maker, view it as a network developer, placerholder, or scout

Make sure you’re getting good utilization, as stated above. If your MX ratio is higher than 130% it will be hard to make money.

then raise your prices. I don’t know which routes you are flying and where but you should try to raise the prices. It is possible to earn money with ATRs, that’s for sure.

If you have unchecked cargo flights, then I don’t know. Sorry.

I see…

Also try increasing the number of flights operated by those planes. If the fixed weekly costs (salaries, leasing, etc.) are split between more flights, the costs per flight will be lower.

humm... utilization of one of my plane is 127% and the other is like 101%

Do you have a business and economy cabin? Are your 40 seats all econ? If so, you can't make a profit because you are charging low fares on a small airplane with premium seats. The ATR42 isn't much cheaper to operate than the 72- I don't generally use it as a big part of my fleet. If I'm operating ATRs I'll have a bunch of 72s, and a few 42s to scout out new routes and city pairs.So:Increase seat countRaise prices if possibleDon't view the ATR-42 as a maoney maker, view it as a network developer, placerholder, or scoutMake sure you're getting good utilization, as stated above. If your MX ratio is higher than 130% it will be hard to make money.

Yes they're all economy. But I am not sure about how many price i can raise/how many seats I can further put in as their ORS rating are only roughly on par with competitor CR1/2s.. I guess I can sustain some lost by seeing them as a contributor to the network.