Connecting Cargo Through Ground Networks

As I understand it, cargo and pax can use ground networks only for origin and destination. Example DMK demand can fly out of and into BKK, but cannot go SIN - DMK, BKK - HKG. This makes sense for PAX, but for cargo these kind of trips work all of the time. I work in trucking and we regularly do airport-airport Skyteam freight. It would be nice to be able to designate airport pairs and be charged per connecting cargo unit per distance. Exmaple, OAK - SFO might not be expensive, but OAK - ATL would cost more per unit.

A couple of years ago I booked through BA a flight from CPH-LHR, LGW-LAS. Sadly it was when ESTA was new for swedes so I didn’t have it thereby I missed the flight and three days later I flew CPH-LHR-LAS.

? How is your trip connected to the use of ground networks?

Say I operate two hubs, one in LAX and one in ONT. Freight should be able to use the ground network to use this as a connection, for a fee. So that freight can travel SIN - LAX, use the ground network, then go ONT - MEM. Or any other destination, provided there was a good network of flights.

A couple of years ago I booked through BA a flight from CPH-LHR, LGW-LAS. Sadly it was when ESTA was new for swedes so I didn't have it thereby I missed the flight and three days later I flew CPH-LHR-LAS.

I've seen several flights through NYC that use both JFK and LGA. I can't imagine navigating that to catch a connection.

The idea is awful for PAX, but for cargo, these kinda trips happen quite a bit.

I agree with this. I work in cargo and regional trucking is a massive part of the networks. With only a finite number of gateway options and narrowbody connections onward trucks are a big part. Not just local but even from midwest to LAX

? How is your trip connected to the use of ground networks?

Yes you can. You can book ANA flights via Tokyo while one flight end in Haneda, while your connection is at Narita. Actually i believe it's cheaper in some cases doing this way, but i don't think it's a good idea to run from one airport to anther in four or six hours

I've seen several flights through NYC that use both JFK and LGA. I can't imagine navigating that to catch a connection.

The idea is awful for PAX, but for cargo, these kinda trips happen quite a bit.

If this is implemented it should be for both PAX and Cargo. As you mention, there are plenty of XXX-LGA, JFK-YYY connections, and there's nothing wrong with them. Of course it should take the rating down quite a bit. I've taken several such connections and if you know what you're doing there is no issue.