Illyushin IL 62

Although this aircraft is still in operational service with many airlines. In the game, the aircraft is barely functional with high operating costs, insane fuel consumption why would you buy this aircraft.

I don't understand why anyone would operate this aircraft unless you work in North Korea.

This game also allow you to pretend to be in North Korea…

i buy these aircrafts because they are beautiful :)

you can operate that aircraft but take care that you have a predominantely profitable fleet

I tend to maintain companies with older aircraft-types and due to the mix of the selected maintenance-provider and tight schedules, some types are barely profitable due to high costs of maintenance. I also had my experience with the IL-62 and this aircraft can be operated profitably but lacks the performance to operate with a healthy payload from shorter runways. There is also the noise issue. This prevents the utilization of such aircraft  in many ways.

Although this aircraft is still in operational service with many airlines. In the game, the aircraft is barely functional with high operating costs, insane fuel consumption why would you buy this aircraft.

I don't understand why anyone would operate this aircraft unless you work in North Korea.

While I still don't understand the intention of this post, let me quote myself from the other thread:

The number of commercial operators is zero. The roughly one dozen units is in service with paramil./gov. services or freighter. If at all.

I don't understand why anyone would operate this aircraft...

For the same reason someone operates 60 Britten Norman airplanes in the UK.

Can’t remember who did it, but I saw it recently a couple of times :slight_smile:

For the same reason someone operates 60 Britten Norman airplanes in the UK.

Can’t remember who did it, but I saw it recently a couple of times :slight_smile:

For a staff member you're incredibly rude. I will report you for this, I thought you have the decency to keep your mouth shut over past matters

There is nothing rude here. Everybody who ever has read your posts somewhere on the forum know this. And - why did you comment on this? Now everybody knows that you were the one with 60 Britten Norman... :blink:

Yes they do indeed…

There is nothing rude here. Everybody who ever has read your posts somewhere on the forum know this. And - why did you comment on this? Now everybody knows that you were the one with 60 Britten Norman... :blink:

Wow, really? Did the route ever break even? 

As for IL 62, it was designed in the 60's, of course it was not as efficient as newer aircraft. But if the lease is dirt cheap, why not  ;)

For a staff member you're incredibly rude. I will report you for this, I thought you have the decency to keep your mouth shut over past matters

I honestly couldn't remember who it was, I see hundreds different airlines every single week

. But when you ask, why someone chooses to operate a certain type of aircraft, the answer is simple: Because one feels like doing it. 

I have operated LET’s, MD88’s and MD10’s in a single company. Because I wanted to. Not because it makes sense.

Don’t get offended so easily. And try to not be so offensive in your language. :excl:

Friends, i have started a poll in ''Suggestions and Ideas'' whether to restart Otto 2 or not. Please do vote

Otto 2 is a total failure. IL-18d cancer has spread all around Otto 2. Slot availability has fallen even below 10% in some airports (Beijing 3%) even within 2 weeks.
Raise your voice now. Please do vote and let others know u r opinions in ''Suggestions and Ideas''

IL62s flying in the real world, only 14 examples remain, and some of those haven't been noted for some time.

A list if interested;

Gambian Govt. x 1

Sudanese Govt. x 1

North Korean Govt. x 1

Russian Air Force x 7

Rada Airlines(Belarus) x 1(Freighter conversion)

Air Koryo(N.Korea) x 2

Manas Airlines(Kyrgyzstan) x 1(Freighter conversion)

Will you also continue for all other old planes which are available in the game but perhaps not in reality?

Anything specific?

Some older planes still have a lot of airframes in use in Africa etc...

Here's a list of remaining Nord 262s.

9Q-CAP International Trans Air Business
9Q-CCR Trans Service Airlift
9Q-CDH Corporate
9Q-CKN Malu Aviation
9Q-CPM Unknown Operator
9Q-CUM Business Aviation of Congo
9Q-CVC International Trans Air Business
F-BVFG Air Limousin
F-WHTT Private
HR-ARJ Aerolineas Sosa
HR-ARP Aerolineas Sosa
HR-ARU Aerolineas Sosa
S9-NAR Equatorial International
S9-NAX Private
TG-JSG RACSA
TG-NTR RACSA
TJ-AHU Air Affaires Afrique
TJ-AID Air Affaires Afrique
VH-HKS Leasing Company
XT-MAK Burkina Faso Air Force

An old favourite of mine, the Lockheed Tristar

Only two still flying and some 30 stored around the world. It's unlikely any of these will grace the skies again. 

N140SC Orbital Science
XT-BRK Kallat El Saker Air

9Q-CHC Leasing Company - Stored
CS-TEB Leasing Company - Stored
CS-TMP Leasing Company - Stored
G-IOIT Leasing Company - Stored
HR-AVN Leasing Company - Stored
HR-AWM Leasing Company - Stored
HZ-AB1 Leasing Company - Stored
JY-SGI Leasing Company - Stored
N162AT Leasing Company - Stored
N164AT Leasing Company - Stored
N194AT Leasing Company - Stored
N300AW Leasing Company - Stored
N389LS Leasing Company - Stored
N405CS Leasing Company - Stored
N507CS Leasing Company - Stored
N703CS Leasing Company - Stored
N705CS Leasing Company - Stored
N729DA Leasing Company - Stored
N753DA Leasing Company - Stored
N781DL Leasing Company - Stored
N212AR Leasing Company - Stored
OD-ZEE Leasing Company - Stored
SX-CVE Leasing Company - Stored
TT-DAE Leasing Company - Stored
TZ-MHI Leasing Company - Stored
TZ-SGI Leasing Company - Stored
TZ-SPA Leasing Company - Stored
VP-CGF Leasing Company - Stored
XT-RAD Leasing Company - Stored
XU-700 Leasing Company - Stored

Here's a topical one, Ilyushin IL-18. of some 500 odd built (AS currently stands at 4102 with 256 on order as I type, Otto II) only 33 are still in a fly worthy condition.

3X-GEZ GR Avia
3X-GGU Sky Guinee Airlines
9Q-CAA CAA-Compagaine Africaine d Aviation
B-212 CAAC
B-220 CAAC
CU-C1515 Aerocaribbean
D2-FAM Alada
D2-FDY Alada
ER-ICS Sky Prim Air
EX-011 Aerovista Airlines
EX-405 Anikay Air
EX-75449 Intal Air