A no-cargo (kinda) gameworld?

I'm suggesting in one of the next few new gameworlds AirlineSim are going to roll out, one of them could be solely passenger focused. Not meant to remove cargo entirely, but to ban all pure-freight flights. Here are some of my thoughts:

1) To create a gameworld that's sufficiently different from other gameworlds (besides small differences like one holding per account max, only new aircrafts etc.) More choices can mean more fun.

2) Prevent the eventual vacancy problem of "small country big hubs". I noticed that in some of the long-term gameworlds, global cities and 10-bar aviation hubs, namely HKG, SIN, and DXB, eventually were only served by foreign airlines and cargo airlines. These cities always start with multiple successful companies, and gradually consolidated into one. However at some point the player decide to abandon the company and left a lot of slots grabbed by cargo airlines / foreign airlines. The problem iterates until remaining slots are so few to sustain even 1 sizeable airline company in the hub. I find it quite disturbing to see HKG, SIN, and DXB not served by even one domestic player in a mature gameworld.

3) Provide an alternative to Cargo -> Behemoth model. This is a less important point, but sometimes seeing a successful cargo airline suddenly orders 100+ passenger aircraft and compete in your hub is just hopeless.

4) Cargo is still an important part of AS and also intertwined with baggage load and turnaround times. That's why I think a cargo-free gameworld should still have cargo and (reduced?) cargo demand, but they cannot be served by dedicated freight flights. This also make widebodies a little more attractive.

5) Can this feature also reduce server load? Maybe I am thinking too much...

Just my two cents. What do you think?

I think the issue here is not because of the cargo demand, it's rather a slot blocking issue (not by AS definition). Recently i started a cargo hub in TPE and i have already taken a lot of slots even i'm just flying mostly just one flight per destination. If i do what a lot of players do with their cargo airlines and run frequent flights to most profitable city using maybe 763f or 752f, the slot would be gone. 

First of all, as another thread suggested, if the ground network in AS is like real life, i won't have that many desitions in the first place: cargo will be mostly concentrated in a few airports, and this will release slot significantly. Another thing is the frequent of flight: AS is still not reasonable with flight frequency, and having 20 flights per day to one airport using 767 freighters is as bad as using 40 737s to one destination from a PAX hub. In my option both the case have no different compared to using 40 LETs to one destination. If you have that much demand one that route, the game should promote to upgrade to a larger aircraft, e.g. 747f; you don't have to run that many flights. Players should not feel that they are a 'better' players because of using 767 or 737 even though everyone including myself does that. 

Easy solution might be to not have any dedicated Cargo aircraft. Just a thought.

I think the issue here is not because of the cargo demand, it's rather a slot blocking issue (not by AS definition). 

But what I see is usually 3 - 5 full cargo foreign airlines in these cities. Even without slot blocking, there are still not many meaningful waves of slots left for someone to start a new airline in a hub full of passenger demand.

But what I see is usually 3 - 5 full cargo foreign airlines in these cities. Even without slot blocking, there are still not many meaningful waves of slots left for someone to start a new airline in a hub full of passenger demand.

i think on your server, it's the combinations of both PAX and cargo using slot with high frequent flights. 

Some PAX airlines have around 50 (?, i gave up when counting to half of it) to one city, and also frequent ATR freighters to certain cities by cargo airlines. It's less obvious as they are operating by different companies, and by AS definition, they are not slot blocking because they are using relative large aircraft and ATR freighters. I think those PAX airlines are more guilty than those cargo airlines; it's just way too many flights for one foreign city, but i think it's the same for all servers

Easy solution might be to not have any dedicated Cargo aircraft. Just a thought.

Actually, very easy and effective solution