Online Reservation System

Can someone tell me about why I should get this and what it is good for?  Thanks!

ORS gives you some advantages over market research tool.

You can see the rating of your routes in comparison to your competitors. This is quite important to make the routes work and to fill your flights.

Thanks for the reply!

Well ORS is the heart and brain of Airlinesim. It’s what distributes the passengers. Not having access to it is not having access to the vital functions of the Sim.

Well, Rubio - now you have to explain him what that means and how to read the numbers correctly... :-)

Does it mean anything that I have to go to page 3 to find my own flights while my competitors flights are on page 1, or are they just alphabetically sorted? 

Yes, it means that your competitors will get the first passenger bookings whilst you have to wait until all the passengers that are demanding that route you fly is booked up then they will book your flight. Your should improve your ORS rating by offering a high standard of service, good passenger rating planes etc

Yes, it means that your competitors will get the first passenger bookings whilst you have to wait until all the passengers that are demanding that route you fly is booked up then they will book your flight. Your should improve your ORS rating by offering a high standard of service, good passenger rating planes etc

That's not how it works.  If flight A has a rating of 100, and flight B has a rating of 95, both will get passengers.  Flight A doesn't need to sell out.  It just means that flight A will get a larger share of the passengers.  Once flight A is sold out though, then all will go to flight B (unless there is C, D, E etc).

That's not how it works.  If flight A has a rating of 100, and flight B has a rating of 95, both will get passengers.  Flight A doesn't need to sell out.  It just means that flight A will get a larger share of the passengers.  Once flight A is sold out though, then all will go to flight B (unless there is C, D, E etc).

In the ORS, does only the Eq count?

In my case, my flight has 4 bars Rating and my competitor's flight has 3 bars Rating. Both have 5 bars Eq. Both flights are direct and have the same flight time. But my competitor's flight is still listed before mine.

How much does flight time factor in? Does it make a big difference if both direct flights differ a few minutes of flight time?

In the ORS, does only the Eq count?

In my case, my flight has 4 bars Rating and my competitor's flight has 3 bars Rating. Both have 5 bars Eq. Both flights are direct and have the same flight time. But my competitor's flight is still listed before mine.

How much does flight time factor in? Does it make a big difference if both direct flights differ a few minutes of flight time?

Saying five bars is a very vague method of measurement. Try hovering your mouse over the bars and you will see the exact rating. A few minutes is no major factor. 

HI, how does one access ORS? where do you view them?

Under database. Type in your routing and check the values presented by hovering the mouse over them.