Large scale technical issues affecting several game worlds

So far, Kaitak, Idlewild, Stapleton, Meigs and Gatow seem to be most affected by this.

Symptoms:

• Game worlds appear very slow or unresponsive.
  • Game worlds build up backlog.

Unfortunately, we're more or less clueless as to what is causing this and why the problem appears now (and not two days or a few weeks ago already). We're almost certain that is has nothing to do with recent patches. The only apparent pattern so far is that the ORS chokes on the calculations for large US airports with presence of huge airlines, mostly in very old game worlds.

At the moment it is hard to tell when we will be able find a solution to the problem. Until then, thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

Current status:

• Due to some configuration adjustments, general situation is somewhat stabilized.
  • Currently, Kaitak and Nicosia are choking on large US airports (LAS and PHX).
  • This could happen to all game worlds at any time, so we are still far away from a proper solution.

I've reported a fault which could easily be causing you a problem, ticket #16251

I've reported a fault which could easily be causing you a problem, ticket #16251

Thanks, that was it. Extremely stupid bug!

Anyway, current status:

• Problem is resolved.
  • Some game world have "regular" backlog, which should be gone soon.
  • Some game worlds have ORS updates fallen behind the flight update, which should also resolve itself over the next few hours.

Thanks for bearing with us!

Hi guys,

Regarding this problem, on Meigs, my LF is still virtually nothing ..... from being full.

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 19.35.32.png

Is this part of the same problem and will the airline be compensated financially for its loss somehow ?

Hi guys,

Regarding this problem, on Meigs, my LF is still virtually nothing ..... from being full.

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 19.35.32.png

Is this part of the same problem and will the airline be compensated financially for its loss somehow ?

Same for me I guess on Stapleton. This is tough for my newly started airline :-)

Yesterday, without looking at my LFs because I didn't think I needed to check, I leased some more a/c and have now just $54,000 in my account. This would not have been a problem because I was making $3m a day net profit.

But with 77 a/c and every single flight operating at a loss for the moment, how is the airline going to survive without intervention? The game caused this problem and we need urgent help to sort it out.

Have you checked, as I suggested, to see if you get new bookings after demand calculation of some of your cities? You can do this easily, check inventory from city X just before demand calculation and then one or two minutes after demand calculation. Your inventory should at that point show new bookings. If it does not please contact support.

It seams that Aspern joined the club too.

Have you checked, as I suggested, to see if you get new bookings after demand calculation of some of your cities? You can do this easily, check inventory from city X just before demand calculation and then one or two minutes after demand calculation. Your inventory should at that point show new bookings. If it does not please contact support.

In the meantime, I have just had two a/c returned to lessors !!! I have players sending me messages in the game asking me what is happening as well.

I will look at what you suggest but my airline will fall apart in a couple of days if nothing is done to help immediately ....

All my airlines on Stapleton are also dropping in load factors.

Can confirm this. I just dropped two aircrafts of it and rescheduled almost my whole fleet because I thought the issue was on my end... :(

Well, let's see :)

All my airlines on Stapleton are also dropping in load factors.

Likewise here :(

Ok, so I've managed to check one airport and the change is non-existent. The only bookings I am getting are transfer bookings - ZERO point to point pax which for domestic flights in Indonesia, represents about 95% of the traffic. On a route from LOP-DPS, where my Y LF was 100% on both flights, my total Y LF today was 13%, for 2nd April is 4% and for 3rd April is 0%.

It's a massive problem and 3 a/c returned to lessors now ....

Submit a ticket to support please

Submit a ticket to support please

Just sent an email about 2 minutes ago explaining the issue in detail.

OMG,

I have cancelled most of my flights to save my money, because I was thinking it is my fault  :wacko:

Ok, so I've managed to check one airport and the change is non-existent. The only bookings I am getting are transfer bookings - ZERO point to point pax which for domestic flights in Indonesia, represents about 95% of the traffic. On a route from LOP-DPS, where my Y LF was 100% on both flights, my total Y LF today was 13%, for 2nd April is 4% and for 3rd April is 0%.

It's a massive problem and 3 a/c returned to lessors now ....

Agree on this. There is really something wrong with those data 2 leased steel down... and counting.. :(

Aspern seems to be down completely?

Please do something, some routes, where I had before only full planes are now only around 10% booked!!!

:excl:  :excl: