Otto 2 is a total failure in my opinion. Slot availability below 10% within 2 weeks.

Everybody knows, Otto 2 is a total failure. IL-18d cancer has spread all around Otto 2. Slot availability has fallen even below 10% in some airports (Beijing 3%) even within 2 weeks. Introduction of super cheap outdated soviet aircrafts and outdated slot blocking rules have made the situation worse. Even other players are forced to restart and fall for the cancer. But its too late. All the slots are already taken. This is not fair. Either restart the server without outdated aircrafts or with updated slot blocking rules for those sooper cheap soviet aircrafts. After all its been only 2 weeks. Admins do something ASAP.

*y but only if admins refund 50% of the spent credits. Not everyone is a milionaire here.

Same here, not a millionaire :stuck_out_tongue:

After all admins are responsible for this chaos. They introduced all those outdated aircrafts without thinking much. Refunding those credits is a fair deal.

But something should be done before too late.

My opinion is that, if credit refunding gets in between, rather than wasting existing credits in this failed server again and again, something should be done ASAP.

Hope admins will do necessary soon

Moderator comment / warning:

No matter how passionate you are about a subject it is not acceptable to copy and paste the same message on 5 different threads

What is OPs?

Just a different point of view and maybe something to consider if you are voting, they fall into 3 areas....

• The  "slot blocking" hard coded rule (ie. small aircraft can't be operated between big airports) is not the definition of slot blocking. The hard coded rule is to prevent the MAJORITY of slot blocking issues that have occurred in the past, but not all.
  • Users can still be considered slot blocking by UAB / AST even if it is allowed by game, this is done on a case by case basis. If you truly believe someone to be slot blocking do as always, report it via support@ or the ingame report function.
  • Every game world is set up differently and it is up to the users to decide if they like that set up or not. I for one like realism so won't play there. If you decide to play there then it is your sole decision to, and you have to accept the negatives as well as the positives of a new game world
  • Every time a game world is launched there is a minority of players are upset about xyz and abc. This is how AST learns and evolves. How many people have complained about Let410s at CDG as they did in previous launches....zero? that means evolution
  • This is a temporary server which is usually reserved for trying out new things, so when the next perm server comes it is far more streamlined.
  • I propose that if the IL18 was simply removed and then a restart of the game world then what, everyone would be screaming out the the next cheapest aircraft is (in their opinion) slot blocking, so then another complaint/poll and another aircraft removed...and then guess what...its a circle until everyone must fly the most expensive aircraft because its the only one left as everyone complained about the others
  • In every game world the big markets loose slot availability quickly at the beginning. Unless your there day 1 hour 1 you cannot expect slots available at 10 bar airports in China as they are always filled one way or the other

Again in comes to pros and cons. It's your choice to be in that game world, you have to accept the setup if you play it. I suggest that you vote with your feet. If you hate the setup don't waste your credits on it, and spend the credits on a gameworld you like the setup of.

Everybody knows, Otto 2 is a total failure. IL-18d cancer has spread all around Otto 2. Slot availability has fallen even below 10% in some airports (Beijing 3%) even within 2 weeks. Introduction of super cheap outdated soviet aircrafts and outdated slot blocking rules have made the situation worse. Even other players are forced to restart and fall for the cancer. But its too late. All the slots are already taken. This is not fair. Either restart the server without outdated aircrafts or with updated slot blocking rules for those sooper cheap soviet aircrafts. After all its been only 2 weeks. Admins do something ASAP.

Then why is your fleet made up solely of IL-18, B727 and DC-62? If you think these aircraft are a "cancer", don't use them and if that's too hard for you, go and play on a different server that doesn't have them. 

I don't like Otto too, but why should I whine around on the forums if I don't like one server? There are plenty others, too. Nobody forces you to play on Otto.

hahahaaaaaa i am not upset. I am the largest airline in my hub(miles ahead) and third largest in my country with the maximum number of slots in my hub. And my fleet also have IL-18Ds. But the current situation made me to do that. After all its a competitive game/simulation. And i am more than happy with this start.

But right is right and wrong is wrong.

Slot availability in many airports are below 10%, Beijing with 3% within ''2 weeks''. What about that! Isn't it pure slot blocking. Just asking. 

In my opinion, it happened only because of the introduction of out of production aircrafts with prices out of stone age.

Even if we report such airlines and delete them as many times as possible or just resetting the airline, 10 million is more than enough to fill the slots again with those same aircrafts. Its only a matter of time until more and more start this frenzy and everyone get stuck.

Nobody seemed to be talking much about this issue. So i just wanted to let all concerned people be aware of the chaos. Thats all

What about that! Isn't it pure slot blocking. Just asking. 

It is not slot blocking but rather an imbalance in the purchasing power of 10 Mio. AS$ with aircraft available at prices not adjusted for inflation. Slot blocking would be someone that uses airplanes for the sole purpose of keeping slots from others. In this case players are simply using a strategy that suits the configuration of the server.

It should be noted however, that those old aircraft would not have much use if their purchase prices actually would have been adjusted for inflation given their fuel inefficiency and lower capacity compared to todays models. A Boeing 727-100 (max. 131 PAX) from 1965 would have an inflation adjusted price of 53.2 Mio. AS$. Compare that to 35.5 Mio. AS$ for an E195 (max. 124 Pax) and Otto in it's current configuration would not make much sense.

People just have to ask themselves if they are willing to pay for a holding on this server.

Yes, either they could have adjusted the prices considering inflation

Or

Updated their route restrictions according to their very low prices.

If they had did so, these IL-18Ds would not have been eligible to run between even level 10 and level 2 or 3 airports.

But look, sooper cheap aircrafts like IL-18Ds can fly between level 10 and level 9 airports. No wonder, slot blocking has gone haywire in Otto2

Again: nobody is forcing players to start in a world with a setup which you don’t like.

Ok fine. But please don't mind, this is not a free game, we pay for it. We have the right to complain.

so do I as another paying customer.

dear support, I am highly annoyed by players buying a product they know the details about but clearly don't think it through, are then disappointed, then complain. I feel very much limited in my ability to enjoy the msg board as part of my paid-for experience here at AS.

edit: typo

Well let’s be frank here, we all know IL18 is a disaster which should have never happened in a way it did. But, history repeats itself, there was a Quimby with the same IL18 disaster in the past. And if history shows anything, it’s that the complaints will only grow stronger and more vocal in the coming weeks as more and more frustrated players will start hitting the forums about this topic.

Honestly I never consider game worlds should be fair to everyone. Even if we are banned to use IL-18, but what next? 737-200 or DC8?

However, I don't think we can freely choose the game world. For the new player, the only chance they can build up their own airliner is in the new world. Unfortunately Otto is the only one still with amounts of opportunities. If AS team really want to improve, then voice from new players should be valued

Same here bro, newbie. I expected much from Otto2, But it was a total disaster.

To AS team,

We newbie's only chance for playing on equal grounds is new servers, which happen only once in a few ''months'' and you guys spoiled one. We would have to wait even more ''months'' for the next chance.

My request to AS Team is not to ban IL-18Ds, All those old jets are a potential disaster.

But to adjust prices of all those out dated aircrafts considering inflation

Or

Update their route restrictions according to their low prices.

You people should have done that before introducing those out of production jets into the server.

Both old and new aircrafts are having double standards now. With entirely different pricing and route restrictions. A perfect recipe for disaster.

Nothing out of the box. Simple solution. Make AirlineSim great again.

Expecting some action soon.

Bit of advice please stop complaining about things you cannot change, like everyone else has said no one is forcing you to play on Otto II, and since you operate Soviet made IL18 isin't that just a bitt hypocritical of you (since you want them banned). And why do you want to restart Otto II since your doing so well "miles ahead" according to you where's the logic? 

lol there is nothing that can't be changed. If we all stand together, we can. People like you are discouraging.

And i dont feel wrong to complain in Airlinesim. Is this a dictatorship or something!! ha

Its only a matter of time until each and every airline and airport in Otto2 will grind to a stand still and Airlines like us having most number of slots will succeed and others don't even stand a chance.

Airlinesim, a one of a kind ''pay to play'' game with equal playing grounds will prove itself again.Great!!

I wanted to win a fair game, not a biased one. This is my logic.

And i am not alone. The poll says it all.

OK let it be. Am done

To be absolutely frank AS is not built to be easy for any players let alone newbies, it is complex and as close to real life as you can get in terms of airline games. There is very little "winning", but more achieving different personal goals that you set yourself. Maybe thats be the biggest, maybe its be successful in a small country like Nepal. Not everyone will have the same.

It is a game or trial and error, you cannot expect to make a profit (or win) with airline 1,2,3,4.... A lot seem to have the belief that a new game world is easier for a newbie. It definitely is not. Just because you have slots at the beginning doesn't make it any easier.  Yea you can operate the routes you want at the beginning but you have 1200 competitors, not 150... Also never ever expect to be successful as a newbie in a massively competitive market usually USA, China, India, Europe

If you are new it is really upto you to put in the effort. Research is key, what are the under-served markets, have any big airlines gone bust, do you need a mentor, aircraft availability, potential routes, slot availability. etc. You are honestly best as a newbie learning your trade in an existing game world, once you have built a successful airline in a legacy world, then you should be a good position to be successful at the next game world launch