Transfer Lease Contracts

Hello,

I suggest adding a function to transfer lease contracts between enterprises within the same holding would be beneficial and it is certainly a realistic function as it often happens in the real world. It would be a simple function where the same contract would simply be resigned by the new lessee who is within the same holding. And the original lessee would still pay the next lessee and afterwards the new lessee is responsible for the payments. When the transfer is done the original lessee would receive back his deposit and the new would have to pay it. If the new lessee does not have the funds to pay for the deposit then no transfer would happen. This function would certainly benefit lessors who will not have to put up the aircraft for auction again. This would also lead to other companies not being as confused if their lease contracts suddenly get cancelled as the plane was meant for someone else. I think this would be a quick function to make and it would certainly be beneficial. I know that the time that time for development is tight at the moment but this would be a function which I think the community would enjoy and it is pretty logical top be part of an airline simulation.

Regards,

Christian 

I would love this function.

Me too.

As and example. Imagine having CRJs, 737s and 787s in the same airline. Let´s say you want to add 747s to the fleet and the realistic thing to do would be to spin off the CRJs into a regional subsidiary. If they go through the open market most of them might be taken by others or it may annoy a private lessor if 50 planes are cancelled for the purpose of transfer and having to arrange a time to release these planes. An other example would be if a company has redundant CRJs and wants to expand and starts a company in Panama. Then he could just transfer some of his CRJs to this new venture and if the venture fails he can call them back instead of loosing them to the open market. It could also in some way make it simpler to "merge airlines". 

A recent real life example would be Norwegian Air Shuttle who recently transferred a large amount of leases to it´s Irish subsidiary.  

that would be great  :D

Great idea

Yes please!

A much needed feature.

This is a great idea - especially once your airline gets set up - you want to be able to parse off your older/smaller/regional planes into a new entity.

I would love it, but people would abuse it. Imagine the biggest airline in the world sending 100 leases to another entity to set up in another country, or in a competitors base. 

I would love it, but people would abuse it. Imagine the biggest airline in the world sending 100 leases to another entity to set up in another country, or in a competitors base. 

Any serious airline worth its salt would know what to do if they wanted to move to a competitors base or send 100 airframes there, without a need to do it via lease transfer. They can simply do it by other means and they do not need a lease transfer feature for it. This argument is in my opinion very weak and therefore irrelevant for the purposes of lease transfer feature request.

I would also love this