#1 CBE

CBE

Senior Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2082 posts

Posted 12.05.2017 - 22:55

Hello Everyone,

As we are one day from the Eurovision final let´s establish two things. Which is your favourite Eurovsion song this year? Which is your favourite Eurovision song ever?

I come from the most successful country in Eurovision during the last 50 years, the country with the second most wins and a country which is generally in love with Eurovison (over 80% of the songs have some Swedish involvement). I am a huge Eurovison fan and have attended four grand finals with the first when I was 7 years old. For me I have to say that this year I am moderately impressed with the lineup and am very curious who will win. Sweden has a completely horrible song which actually is not that bad when compared to some others but in my opinion we could have voted something better (which I did). Sure Italy got a great song and a fantastic performance which I like. Portugal got a complete fool on stage. Bulgaria got a kid on stage. And the Belgian song is fantastic but the singer is way to scared when performing it. Sweden as I said is very boring but it got great chances. Tomorrow I will be voting for Hungary, Croatia and Moldova as I really enjoy these songs so I guess they are my favourites. 

To say favourite song ever is a lot harder but I will first list a couple that I like:

• If love was a crime, Bulgaria
  • Undo, Sweden
  • Euphoria, Sweden
  • Euphoria, Sweden
  • Fairy tale, Norway
  • Aphrodisiac, Greece
  • Satellite, Germany
  • Ne partez pas sans moi, Switzerland
  • Waterloo, Sweden
  • Diggiloo diggiley, Sweden
  • Run away, Moldova
  • La voix, Sweden
  • And many more

To say one favourite is very hard but to be honest it has to be Dancing Lasha Tumbai by Verka Serduchka from 2007 which lost to a horrible lesbian revolt song. In deed from a musical perceptive its not a great song but it has a fantastic performance, it is remembered, it is happy, it makes you imitatively get up and dance, it got a great rhythm, it has a fantastic hidden message and will make me happy regardless of circumstance. How bad I ever feel after half of the song I will jump jump up moving my hands up and down. Enjoy.

Bye bye, love you all <3

#2 MD-80.com

MD-80.com

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1030 posts
  • LocationHamburg/Germany

Posted 13.10.2017 - 04:15

I saw your Thread only now and with a huge delay  :blush:  :P

There is no favourite song for me, though I like many classic contributions over the decades.

However, because I love ABBA as much as McDonnell Douglas MD-80s, I think that Waterloo will always take a special place because it enabled ABBA to become more known and just hear the "development of their music" until they decided to take a break (from ABBA) in 1982 - ABBA is like an elixir of life for me. To hear the arrangements and the voices, quality, simply fantastic :wub: :

#3 AK

AK

Senior Captain

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 13.10.2017 - 09:23

Ditto on both ABBA and Verka Serduchka.

#4 Goooooom

Goooooom

Second Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationTallinn

Posted 28.10.2017 - 11:39

Just saw this thread today. I am a true fan of ESC, this year I was disappointed a bit because last year in Stockholm contest was amazing, especially hosts. :)  And I was very happy with the winner this year. The best song of 2017 though was French one in my opinion. And the best song ever was 2015 Goodbye to Yesterday I assume (Estonian songs are perfect every year). I really hope that 2018 Portugal edition will not disappoint me!

#5 CBE

CBE

Senior Captain

• Members
  • 2082 posts

Posted 28.10.2017 - 14:20

Sweden makes the best ESC shows on a small budget. Even the Ukrainian show was made by Swedes as the Ukrainians quit.

Bye bye, love you all <3

#6 THX

THX

Pilot in Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04.11.2017 - 22:45

The best song, in my opinion, comes from Austria (1980), composed by Klaus Peter Sattler, "Du bist Musik"....

#7 MD-80.com

MD-80.com

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1030 posts
  • LocationHamburg/Germany

Posted 20.11.2017 - 07:35

OMG :lol: ..celebrating the introduction of an MD-80 with new uniforms?

And here is the new uniform of British Airways introduced in 1976. After their performances, they went to their duties aboard their BAC One-Eleven, HS Trident and Vickers VC-10:

#8 CBE

CBE

Senior Captain

• Members
  • 2082 posts

Posted 22.11.2017 - 16:50

ABBA songs are much better in Swedish than in English:

Talking about another great Swedish Eurovision song it has to be this:

Bye bye, love you all <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users