Stock Splitting

There are many companies that go public early in the game and then result in super high share prices later on. Perhaps a share splitting feature could be implemented once the price hits a certain figure?

What for? What benefit would it give?

I agree with Rubio what is the point? What is the difference between one share worth 2000AS$ or two shares worth 1000AS$ each?

Obviously because it is easier to sell and buy a share that is smaller than a big one... There you have one.

The question here is what is the point of NOT doing this? :blink:

FENCC001 is right, selling less shares is easier. Its how the world of stocks work

FENCC001 is right, selling less shares is easier. Its how the world of stocks work

Does it? Sometimes. It's up to a company to decide if it wants to split its shares.

Warren Buffet does not, he is proud of his company's stock price. And I bet airline owners in AS are also proud when their stock trades for 30,000 AS$. Move on, there is nothing of interest here.

Does it? Sometimes. It's up to a company to decide if it wants to split its shares.

You just made a point against your own position. Indeed, it's up to the company... while in AS it's clearly not. It's simply forbidden. 

You just made a point against your own position. Indeed, it's up to the company... while in AS it's clearly not. It's simply forbidden. 

Well and your statement was that it should have been done (to be done automatically, not said expressly but implied). So in effect your most recent post was also against your initial post :lol: :o :wub:  so we are 1:1

Anyway as it could be an "option" it would need to be programmed, and why to spend a very tight development time on something that does not really enhance the gameplay or counteract undesired behavior? It's not like it is impossible to buy AS$30,000 stock ... you can even buy a single share as it is over $10,000 per-transaction value.

I would rather see that spare time spent on setting up slight gameplay enhancements, such as bank wire transfers between subsidiaries to not have keep doing silly aircraft transfers and sales.

I agree with Rubio. While it would be a nice to have feature, it's quite low on the priority list in my opinion.

Before that, I would prefer to see a variable dividend payment. Imposed by the majority of the shareholders (or for simplicity by the manager), which should be able to decide on a percentage (instead of the fixed 15%). That percentage is then paid out to all the shareholders obviously.

Warren Buffet does not, he is proud of his company's stock price. And I bet airline owners in AS are also proud when their stock trades for 30,000 AS$. Move on, there is nothing of interest here.

You are only telling half the story there, leaving out class b stock.

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/021615/what-difference-between-berkshire-hathaways-class-and-class-b-shares.asp

BRK.B came decades after BRK.A and is completely differently-formulated stock meant for different kind of investors and with completely different rights, therefore irrelevant for this example.

Warren Buffett has declared that the Class A shares will never experience a stock split because he believes the high share price attracts like-minded investors, those focused on long-term profits rather than on short-term price movements. As of May 2017, Berkshire Hathaway Class A (BRK-A) is trading for almost $246,000 a share.

In 1996, Buffett created Class B shares (BRK-B ), offering investors the ability to invest in Berkshire Hathaway for, initially, one-thirtieth the price of a Class A share of stock. A 50-to-one stock split in 2010 sent the ratio to one-1,500th. Class B shares carry correspondingly lower voting rights as well.

There you have it ... And those who invested in BRK-B saw their stock price grow much less than those who hold BRK-A. When you say A, also say B in the future, OK? I know, you somehow almost always seem to say only what suits you and half-truths.