Next Incarnation Of Quimby

Hi With Quimby 4-5 weeks away from re-setting and re-launching i just wanted to know what the AS Community Would like in the Next Version of The server I have Already mentioned some months back my opinion on the OTTO 2 Server Which were not good .Feel Free with your Answers and look forward to your opinions too :) . 

Is the public test of the new booking classes close enough for the next QUIMBY?

Is the public test of the new booking classes close enough for the next QUIMBY?

Not quite, no.

It might also be a better idea to have a dedicated testing game world (possibly free of charge) for the very first trial runs of the new system before launching it into production.

I would love to see a permanent classic world.....sometime soon.

But to be honest... I played previous otto with lets say realistic settings (new and used aircraft) and it was real fun. However if it was longer (or permanent world) it would have been even better for me personally. I was playing from Kyiv and it was a lot of fun, I managed to implement my ideas and add some realism into the way I operated the airline. However a month or 1,5 before the end of the world it was obvious that my hub at KBP was using 100% of its fun potential and any further growth would be mechanical addition of new routes which in real life would have never been even researched, so if the world wold have been longer or permanent I would have started to move to other markets using my holding in Viena.

would that be a permanent world?

A new permanent world is an other topic. This question is about Quimby configuration, and as Quimby always has been a temporary world it will most likely be that again. Personally, I also hope for a new Permanent world but lets keep to topic here please. 

Does anybody know if double slots are going to continue in this next incarnation?  

I like the fact the world is not permanent, after some time things get very settled, and the starting up and growth of an airline is the fun element here. I am looking forward to another run, maybe with a slightly higher start-up capital.

I would like to see post 90’subject aircraft. I feel like that would be a nice middle ground. It would allow for some older aircraft without theven IL-18 spam

Quimby is ending in a few days, still no update on the blog about any news! Maybe they are hard at work on the booking classes and the next world will be the beta demo!

Hello guys! Any word on the new Quimby?

It will launch some time before the weekend, if everything goes according to plan.

Excellent, good to know :-)

Can we make it a bit longer this time?

Our current plan is to relaunch Quimby on Wednesday - but that might still be subject to change.

Our current plan is to relaunch Quimby on Wednesday - but that might still be subject to change.

Will it still be a temp world or permanent world or what? Thanks in advance!

Quimby is always temporary

Please make it a little longer though

Hope it will be just like the last one: double slots, new birds only, and circa 8-9 months...

Around 13.00?

And please not all planes like Otto… That sucks

Around 13.00?

And please not all planes like Otto… That sucks

The new Quimby is already live! :)

We kept the Quimby config as it was before.