How does ORS prioritize passengers?

Hello there, fairly new at this game but have played for a few weeks. I was wondering how ORS prioritize passengers, specifically in the following scenario.

Capacity from A to my hub is 300.

Capacity from my hub to B is 100.

If the demand between A and my hub exceeds 300, will those 300 seats go to the direct passengers first, passengers connecting onwards to B (more revenue) first, or are they split?

Thanks!

Depends on the demand calculation time of the airport.

It could be, if the connection is calculated before the direct route, that it gets filled with connecting pax. Or vice versa.

Depends on the demand calculation time of the airport.

It could be, if the connection is calculated before the direct route, that it gets filled with connecting pax. Or vice versa.

But as A to hub and A to B both have A as the origin airport, they are both calculated at the same time if I understand correctly...  :unsure:

But as A to hub and A to B both have A as the origin airport, they are both calculated at the same time if I understand correctly...  :unsure:

Yes, and they go by alphabetical order of the destination when demand at Airport A is being calculated. (I suppose this, nobody ever confirmed that or denied that, but it's the most logical approach).

Yes, and they go by alphabetical order of the destination when demand at Airport A is being calculated. (I suppose this, nobody ever confirmed that or denied that, but it's the most logical approach).

Does anyone else have any opinions to add to this statement, either confirm or deny?

in that case, it could also be based on the sequence of airport ID, bet every airports have their own unique ID number in the database.