Short or long haul

In the begin of Quinby I had the biggest airline in Amsterdam Sky Fly ( 2 E190 and 3 CRJ700 ). An other airline, Ozil airlines, had one A350. A month or two later, Ozil airlines was growing super fast! I growed to, but in a lower rate, much lower. Later, he was the biggest airline in Quimby. I started short-haul, he long-haul… What is the best way to grow fast?

An other Question:

Some airlines which also start with short haul, grow faster then I do… I use the E190 and CRJ700 and later I get the B738… Is there a better starting fleet? Do i have to get a cash reserve of 2000000? Or can i go lower?

On all new worlds there is a pretty balanced business model favouring both short and long haul. On Ellinikon and Reim the business model highly favours long haul and on the older world short haul.

Personally I always go narrow body for short haul. I don’t bother scheduling region jets.

So… Starting with for example 3 738 Should be good… Only… Will that give me the same profit/ grow rate or better (or worse of course)

You can easily compare the different plane types in the evaluation tool.

I know… But that gives permited information… I just want to grow so soon as possible… Only i don’t know of 3 738, 2/3 E190 and 3 CRJ700 or an A350 will give me that grow rate.

3 planes = an advantage. Which planes you choose: depending on the routes you will grow faster with 737 of course as they can offer more seats than regional jets.

Thank you verry much.

EDIT: As KM pointed out, my information was incorrect.

These temporary servers are great places to try out new strategies that you can apply to permanent servers!

Don't worry. The airline you were referring to was reported and eventually removed from Quimby for cheating. That's why he was growing so quickly.

Aside from that, these temporary servers are great places to try out new strategies that you can apply to permanent servers!

Ozil airline was not cheating. He grow up quickly since he start with high demanding international routes, on which he can charge 180% or higher. So he got much money.

I play Taiyuan Airlines and I start at a low demanding airports. Initially I got much more passager than him ,but got less money.

The right plane depends on your strategy and your location.

It also might be that you picked the right planes but for example not the best destionations, seats or inflight service.

So it’s good to try different planes but be aware that there is so much more to it that can be the reason why you or the other grows faster.

Ozil airline was not cheating. He grow up quickly since he start with high demanding international routes, on which he can charge 180% or higher. So he got much money.

I play Taiyuan Airlines and I start at a low demanding airports. Initially I got much more passager than him ,but got less money.

I edited my post to reflect incorrect information. Apologies.

On all new worlds there is a pretty balanced business model favouring both short and long haul. On Ellinikon and Reim the business model highly favours long haul and on the older world short haul.

Personally I always go narrow body for short haul. I don’t bother scheduling region jets.

Att Aspen is given priority for short haul?
And as I understand from the forum that when calculating the ORS takes into account the real flight.

Silence ... Tell me, I correctly understood the mechanics of the ORC work and that Aspen is given priority over short haul?

Silence ... Tell me, I correctly understood the mechanics of the ORC work and that Aspen is given priority over short haul?

I guess silence is because nobody understood what you were saying… Just saying…

I guess silence is because nobody understood what you were saying... Just saying...

I correctly understood that in the game worlds Ellinikon and Reim favors Long Haul? When calculating the ORS, takes into account the actual flights of airlines?

I play on Riem but couldn’t really confirm a big difference in long haul flights compared to Idlewild.

From what I understand is that Riem has a overall lower demand, but I’m not sure about short/long haul difference compared to other worlds. If so, then maybe someone more knowledgeable can explain why that is so.

And yes, in a brand new world you can start as a long haul only airline as there is more demand than supply. But unless you really know which routes you can fly to earn enough to grow fast enough. Starting as a regional operator you can also occupy more slots and spread the risk over more flights. And I yet have to see a player that successfully starts on an existing world with long haul only. I’d say it’s not possible.

And if you search for the ORS, then you will find plenty of posts that explain which factors account for your ORS rating. And these are the same in all worlds as far as I know.

I correctly understood that in the game worlds Ellinikon and Reim favors Long Haul? When calculating the ORS, takes into account the actual flights of airlines?

No actual real life airlines or real life flights have anything to do with ORS rating. With demand patterns, yes, rating itself, no.

What CBE meant to say is that on some servers short haul flights are more financially profitable, and on some servers it’s the long haul flights which are money makers.

Except for Riem there should be no demand difference between servers (except for AGEX). I can't show you the graphs but the difference in pricing for long haul is pretty considerate between Riem and Idlewild. The base price for a 10000km route is about 300$ higher for Economy and 800$ higher for Business. Then Otto and Quimby have a pricing model which is somewhere in between in a much more linear fashion (unlike these two which have not very linear curves).

I cant give you a straight answer if 1 A350 or 3 738s is the better choice. Personally I would go for the 737s as I could easier take the slots (in a fully legal way). I am also much better at operating short haul as I personally think it is much easier to schedule. On Stapleton I would not suggest to anyone to start with long haul but on newer service it is more or less the same thing. It also depends how much premium cabin you can get into those long haul planes and fill. The margins are more or less the same if you know what you are doing. Although consider that long haul is a much larger gamble and cancelling them can be very expensive. Also consider that for long haul you need a feed at both ends of the route to feed your flight and you will have a much less even cash flow, as money only comes once every 10th hour and not every hour meaning that mistakes can cost you bankruptcy easier than with short haul.

Thank you!)