ORS Rating / EQ

Would someone be able to explain to me how the ORS EQ are calculated from the Rating (if that's how it works)?

I'm checking the ORS and I'm very puzzled by this:

My Fight 1:

Rating: 64

EQ: 99

Flight Time 1:15

My Flight 2:

Rating: 49

EQ: 96

Flight Time: 1:15

Competitor A's Flight

Rating: 49

Flight Time: 1:14

Competitor B's Flight

Rating: 54

Flight Time: 1:16

Price

Don't forget prices....

A lower price helps boost the ORS Rating....

Well the current ORS is a science in itself and requires a lot of learning and testing to “understand”.

Seats, service and image can increase the rating.

Prices can both increase and decrease the rating.

Flight time can both increase and decrease rating.

There is direct flight raring and connection rating. They both work and behave differently.

Search airlinesim ORS rating you will get a ton of responses. Read them all. They all help. I'm not sure about the videos respect to the guy that did them but oh it's really hard to stay awake :( The forum posts you will find are a big help but dig out the most recent as the game has changed.

Well don't understand the ORS System neither...Just implemented better seats and therefore upped the prices +25%.

The passengers doesn't seem to care. ORS Rating still around 50% but booking is full. I never see the rating changing anyway?!

As I understood it from reading the forum:

The best seats in e.g Eco (e.g. Comfort Plus) combined with the best service should lead me to a perfect ORS rating. Which I don't have :)

If that doesn't work lower the prices, which would lead in my case to a loss....

ORS rating of 50% with ComfortPlus in Eco is impossible as long as you are not flying with super old grap.

Are you sure about that rating? Hover with your mouse not the first indicated value but the second one. That is the intersting value.

Well you are right.. it's 82 and not even ComfortPlus only LeisurePlus.

I didn't feel comfortable do install ComfortPlus because I would loose soo many seats which would meant I had to upp the prices like +50%...

Maybe that's just the feeling because I am new to the game :)

your assumption is not right.

If you are using ComfortPlus for example, you can set the prices to 125% of the standard price and will still have a very good rating of 99 (if service profile is also high enough). And then you will have more passengers flying with you than other companies. With 82, your flights will be not on the top in ORS - hence, planes will not be full. That is how AS works.

In another route, this is what I'm seeing:

My flight:

Rating: 69

Time: 7:44

Price: $474 (default price for route)

Other Airline's Flight:

Rating: 65

Time: 7:44

Price: $687

Aircraft is the same type.

He is using better seats and service and image than you and charges more…

He is using better seats and service and image than you and charges more...

But my rating (69) is higher than his (65).

But my rating (69) is higher than his (65).

But both have 99.

First rating is important for connections to a certain extent.

It’s actually complicated and not something that is easily explained. You must experiment and test. When I started I completely did not understand ratings at all and was quite frustrated. That lead me to investigate, test, and experiment. It took me about a year to get what could en called a relevant understanding, and then about a year more to be able to say I had substantial understanding. I can only suggest and recommend you do the same.

This simulation is a long time proposition and you cannot expect that you will have 10, 20, 50 or 100 billion on your bank account overnight or in a month.

But both have 99.

First rating is important for connections to a certain extent.

It’s actually complicated and not something that is easily explained. You must experiment and test. When I started I completely did not understand ratings at all and was quite frustrated. That lead me to investigate, test, and experiment. It took me about a year to get what could en called a relevant understanding, and then about a year more to be able to say I had substantial understanding. I can only suggest and recommend you do the same.

This simulation is a long time proposition and you cannot expect that you will have 10, 20, 50 or 100 billion on your bank account overnight or in a month.

But that's the point of my question. How does the Rating translate to the EQ?  What factors affect which one?

Even experimenting works better when you have an idea of what factors affect which one, even if I don't know the extent of such effect.

Can anyone help me understand the ranking of these two flights in the following example...

Flight A - score 52/99, flight time 3:35, price $308 (ranked # 1 in ORS)

Flight B - score 77/99, flight time 3:30, price $228 (ranked # 2 in ORS)

Why is Flight A ranked above Flight B?

Flight B has higher score, shorter flight time, lower price.

Apologies for rehashing the ORS question again. If there is answer to this specific question somewhere else, please direct me to that thread.

Thank you!

Which airplanes are used on the 2 flights?

Why is Flight A ranked above Flight B?

Because it departs earlier.

Which airplanes are used on the 2 flights?

Flight A: 320 (older aircraft likely - player's average A320 fleet age is 28yrs)

Flight B: 7M8 (brand new aircraft - still has the new airplane smell)

Because it departs earlier.

So you're saying that the ORS views both flights as equal since they both reached 99 in the 2nd score? This would mean that as long as you hit that 99, it makes no difference to install even better seats or lower the price? Is that a correct understanding?

Yes it is.

Having said that though, lowering price or installing better seat can help you improve the first score which in certain instances, can help with rating of connecting flights. Sometimes, not always. The sometimes part is mainly in situations when the first flight product rating being a very low number.

ORS is very complex and the best way is to learn by trying and observing results.

Hi,

George is right. If flights have the same overall rating (99 in your example) they are listed in chronological order.

And you cannot compare the age of the planes on one route. The age of a plane influences the image of your airline as a whole. In other words, if you operate 9 old planes and 1 new plane, the 9 old planes will lower your airline image and that one new plane will get the same low image.

And nobody knows how the ORS booking system works exactly. It is the best kept secret after the recipe of Coca Cola  ;-)

Even experienced players only know enough so they can make a good business plan. We know for example that the maximum rating for the slightly faster wide bodies is 100 (the same goes for a crappy old but fast 727) while a narrow body jet only gets a rating of 99 with everything else (seats, service level) identical. But I can only guess that a short connecting time is more important for business passengers than for economy passengers. Or that first class passengers hate it when there is no jetway and they have to walk to the plane. Just like I can only guess how the first basic rating of a flight is translated into the overall rating. Speed is just one factor.

So, like George said, the best thing to do is experiment and observe the results.

Cheers,

Jan