Do you name your planes?

... I have to admit I do how sad is that?

Okay I only have 5 planes at the moment, 6 shortly... they are named:

Alice

Arial

Elsa

Dorothy

Jasmine

with Juliet the next new arrival.

I think you get the drift. Do you name your planes and can I have suggestions for plane number 7.8.9 and beyond.

I have some suggestions for naming your upcoming planes:

George

Matth

Mihai

Jona

BJ

Gabor

Ahmed

Herman

Hendrick

Etc.

Those would be quite cool names for the aircraft.

I name my widebodies actually, usually with Star Trek references. Sometimes I use Star Wars as well.

My problem with naming aircraft is that I always run out of names…

I used to name widebodies only for that reason - until there were to many of them as well.

As a US airline, I had my B777 named after US presidents and my B767 named after US states.

I have some suggestions for naming your upcoming planes:

George

Matth

Mihai

Jona

BJ

Gabor

Ahmed

Herman

Hendrick

Etc.

Those would be quite cool names for the aircraft.

Obviously Chris should also be on that list ;). Love the BJ name :D.

Obviously Chris should also be on that list ;). Love the BJ name :D.

Well thank you

BJ

I have for some time named planes. Though not in my major airlines as I am not that creative to come up with 500 or more names. In the first CBE I named planes after various famous swedes such as Olof Palme. At Asian Airways I named planes after various birds and colours of them such as Green Sparrow. At Trans Atlantic I named my all long haul fleet after various female "nicknames" which sometimes where based on the destination they flew too, Britishness or various references, such as:

• Misschief
  • Girlie
  • Lovely
  • Latina
  • High Flyer
  • African Heart
  • Americana
  • Oh Mylanta
  • Hot Babe
  • Beauty Babe
  • Day Dreamer
  • Sugar Baby
  • Mustang Sally
  • Girl in Burka
  • Scotland Girl
  • Sweet Dreamer
  • Hot Lips
  • Miss Britain
  • Pretty Woman
  • Bloody Mary
  • Miss England
  • Shady Lady
  • Dream Girl
  • Miss Beauty
  • First Lady
  • Blondie
  • Brittney
  • Lady Love
  • HighUpFlyer
  • Byzantine
  • Harem
  • High Flyer
  • Lady World
  • Lady Love
  • Red Angel
  • Wonder Girl
  • Hot Wings
  • Love Angel
  • Svietlana
  • Mother Russia
  • Asian Hottie
  • Mexicana Legacy
  • Black Goldie
  • High Life Baby
  • Eastern Jewel
  • Affection
  • Uptown Girl
  • Miss Moneypenny
  • Biggie
  • La Floridita
  • Flying in Unity
  • Atlantic Girl
  • Queen of the Skies

At American I named only my long haul planes after various super American saying such as American Might, American Power, American Veteran, American Flame, American Queen, etc.

To be honest naming planes really helps with keeping track of them. Especially at Trans Atlantic where the fleet wasn't too large and all operations where long haul. An other method would be to just name them after numbers but that is almost the same as the REG. I have friends who name their planes after routes that the specific plane flies which I don't quite get. Sure its easier to know where the plane flies but it isn't that hard to open up the schedule with mouse wheel click.

Well thank you

BJ

A term my gf is very familiar with. Great name man.

If you have a fleet of over a few hundred aircraft, naming them would be pitass.

But if your country is small enough, try putting it in the registration like Wow Air.

https://wowair.us/about-us/wow-aircraft/meet-the-wow-fleet/

Not sure you can do it in AS though..

If you have a fleet of over a few hundred aircraft, naming them would be pitass.

But if your country is small enough, try putting it in the registration like Wow Air.

https://wowair.us/about-us/wow-aircraft/meet-the-wow-fleet/

Not sure you can do it in AS though..

Would be great but sadly not possible in AS. In AS registrations are either picked by the smallest one available or by the number of plane in your fleet (USA). Would love to have the option to choose registration. 

I name my planes if I'm in a right mood. Right now, my Estonian airline has 4 planes, which are named after birds and insects in the Estonian language:

- Mesilane (Bee)

- Varblane (Sparrow)

- Tihane (Tomtit)

- Leevike (Bullfinch)

I often used town or district names for my planes (yes, thats boring :P )

But for a long time, a few of my planes where named after former airlines of the server. Good friends or alliance partners who left  my gameworld. They got a small monument to remember them in the way like

"Spirit of XYZ Airline"

But today, due to fleet reorganization, nearly all names are gone. Except those three planes, who have a "special livery", and wich i am using at X-Plane flightsim. Yes, three of my Airlinesim planes have a nerdy counterpart in X-Plane :ph34r:

[URL=http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4804/7ga9obyo_jpg.htm]7ga9obyo.jpg[/URL]

Mine are so boring  :ph34r: 

Alpha1, Alpha2, Alpha3, Alpha4, Alpha5, Alpha6 and Alpha7

And then on to Bravo, Charlie, Delta etc. 

The reason is that I work in fleets of 7 aircrafts, so it’s easier to add or remove flights to all aircrafts, when they have static names.

At first I also started with naming them, but once you get over 20 aircraft it can get tricky finding more “good” names.

I similarly use labels in the description to display the flight plan. My code looks like this:

HUB | Destinations

VTE | BKK/HAN/SGN/CNX

Or

VTE | 01-LHR/LAX/JNB/… (in case I distributed a flight plan to multiple aircraft)

And since the descriptions are already used, I then sometimes use the aircraft names for actions I should do to that aircraft, sth like: Replace with CS300, Check C load, etc.

I often used town or district names for my planes (yes, thats boring :P )

But for a long time, a few of my planes where named after former airlines of the server. Good friends or alliance partners who left  my gameworld. They got a small monument to remember them in the way like

"Spirit of XYZ Airline"

But today, due to fleet reorganization, nearly all names are gone. Except those three planes, who have a "special livery", and wich i am using at X-Plane flightsim. Yes, three of my Airlinesim planes have a nerdy counterpart in X-Plane :ph34r:

7ga9obyo.jpg

it's not boring because i do the same thing  :ph34r:

I use any airline had been on the server for years but for some reason, the player left the game.  The difference is i named my a/c in the form of 'Clipper XYZ'.

i do have an airline naming the aircraft after cities and locations in Indonesia, but it's because the player who i bought the airline from named the aircraft in that way. I'm just following the tradition. 

I always use the names of the counties of the state that I’m based in. Say, for instance, I’m based in Texas. Texas has 254 counties, so I know I have that many names available. You can always type in “list of counties in X state” and use the Wikipedia list. I usually start with the least populous county and go up.

I use the space for fleet numbers rather than names, usually the hub then 3 numbers, (Indy 401) etc...

Makes it easier for me as I can organise the fleet list to show all the individual hubs in order.

I always use the names of the counties of the state that I'm based in. Say, for instance, I'm based in Texas. Texas has 254 counties, so I know I have that many names available. You can always type in "list of counties in X state" and use the Wikipedia list. I usually start with the least populous county and go up.

I did the exact same thing with my Tunisian airline, and learned some interesting thing doing so, like that the Star Wars planet Tatooine is named after the Tunisian town Tataouine.  :lol:

I've gone for place names too. Every plane is named after somewhere in Cyprus. Although I've nearly run out.

I've gone for place names too. Every plane is named after somewhere in Cyprus. Although I've nearly run out.

I did this with one of my airlines in the past, what I did was make classes

For example

CR7 = spirit so Spirit of Vancouver

CS1 = princess so Vancouver Princess or Princess of Vancouver

748 = Queen so Queen of Vancouver

Makes it possible to re-use place names. It was a bit of work of course, but I liked it.