Where have all the PAX gone?

I have a few airlines in the Gatow world.

I don't know why, and am hoping someone could explain, but every July/August passenger numbers drop considerably, and I start to lose money each week. Come November/December it turns around and I make money again. 

It makes no sense. I don't think we have seasonality in AS, but even if we did the summer market would be better for my airlines anyway.

Anyone got any ideas? If I can't turn things around this year I could be going under very soon!

Look on the AGEX :wink:

As the above poster said, look at AGEX... No we don't have seasonality, but we do have a very cyclical economy

And this economy drop is more or less seasonal. Summer = bad economy and low Agex, winter = hat HH Agex as a result of growing economy.

Yes I can see the AGEX is on a downward trend. I am returning aircraft, lots of redundancies, cancelling interlining etc. Not sure I’m going to survive this year?

Cancelling interlining is not a logical thing to do in such a situation.

You lose connection options, but most importantly, you still have staff that worked on interlines, on your payroll, and you have to keep paying them wages and have no interlines or fire them and pay them 8 weeks worth of wages.

Wait the game has fluctuating demand? What’s AGEX?

Cancelling interlining is not a logical thing to do in such a situation.

You lose connection options, but most importantly, you still have staff that worked on interlines, on your payroll, and you have to keep paying them wages and have no interlines or fire them and pay them 8 weeks worth of wages.

I have reassessed my interlining and cancelled those expensive ones that don't connect much to my network. Saves me about 1m a week.

I have reassessed my interlining and cancelled those expensive ones that don't connect much to my network. Saves me about 1m a week.

I suppose you have fired the excess personnel at networks department, who became redundant after cancelling those interlines, and you paid them the 8 million severance package right?

I suppose you have fired the excess personnel at networks department, who became redundant after cancelling those interlines, and you paid them the 8 million severance package right?

Erm......maybe..... :unsure: 

Erm......maybe..... :unsure:

El, did you hit on the button to fire excess personnel in the Personnel Management section?

El, did you hit on the button to fire excess personnel in the Personnel Management section?

Erm....maybe....

What was I supposed to do?

Well, you could use them again for new ILs. It's very expensive to fire staff I guess

They have flown away...