Something I'd like to see....

Ok, so this is a pipe dream, and I’m pretty sure it won’t happen because the coding required would be pretty hefty, especially when you add in protection against cheating.

I’d like to see a private way to do leasing and/or purchase deals. In the game we can list a plane on the open market and take a risk that the “wrong person” will take that aircraft. In the real world of course I can call up a leasing company and tell them I want 5 CS1s for X price and provided the lessor agrees I get 5 CS1s for that price. Usually for a given length of time. I wouldn’t want wet leases and all of that necessarily, I’d be content with dry leases, which is what we have now.

So basically we’d have a way for airline A to communicate with my leasing company, make a deal, and Bob’s your uncle A gets those planes. Id suggest the following restrictions as well. Want to do a deal at less than 50%, that has to go open market, and take the risk. But at 50% or more we can make a private deal, that includes a term limit, say a minimum term of 6 months, maximum limit of 5 years. Something like that anyway. Want to drop the plane early? OK, but there is a penalty to pay. Want to extend the lease? OK that’s a negotiation. Have to negotiate it before the term is up, or the plane goes back to the lessor, no harm, no foul.

Again, I realize this wouldn’t be easy to code, and so I don’t expect it to happen, but a guy can dream right?

LOL

I don't think this is very coding intensive comparing to the current projects (diverse passenger types). I think the main reason a lot features are not enabled on AS is to prevent cheating / abuse / unfair games, including this one.