How do you survive a low AGEX

I can't see my airlines surviving much longer with this low AGEX.

How can I protect from going bankrupt? Any suggestions?

Strong connections at a hub system, and I mean really strong one, and a good network of interlining partners.

cancel all negativ flights, maybe some aircraft back from leasing, maybe better seats, higher prices and some smaller aircrafts. A318 and 319 have maybe a bit to high costs right now to make money.

hopefully u have some Cash in the backside, with CCC ranking it could be critical right now.

Strong connections at a hub system, and I mean really strong one, and a good network of interlining partners.

If they are really strong in a well structured hub, then interlinings are the last thing you need.

The only interlinings I have are intra-holding. Very few exceptions withstanding, but they are of a more “political” nature.

1 Like

If they are really strong in a well structured hub, then interlinings are the last thing you need.

The only interlinings I have are intra-holding. Very few exceptions withstanding, but they are of a more “political” nature.

intra-holding interlining ? Wow, How many subsidiaries does your Holding have?

intra-holding interlining Wow, How many subsidiaries does your Holding have?

are you saying you don't have an IL between EWING and Cocos Island Air?

I don't quite understand what's wrong with the low index this time: a lot of airlines of mine started to lose money or reduced in profit even though i have experienced quite similar low index before. I don't really change my schedule too much because they work pretty well but except this time. Fuel price seems to be a little higher than the previous low index time, but it shouldn't make that much difference. 

I also run mostly on domestic network, so it shouldn't be affected too much. There is only one new airline formed in the region. It has a good network, but we make money from different passengers. I also found this low index seems to affect more airline than ever: if you are not making hundreds of millions previously, it's very likely you will have losses this time. Did the market model on the server somehow change?

1 Like

Did the market model on the server somehow change?

Landing and navigation fees are substantially higher, and we are not talking about a 10% increase.

intra-holding interlining Wow, How many subsidiaries does your Holding have?

At least as many as (“number of maint categories”/3)⌈x⌉, plus a few in invest open countries.:wink:

Landing and navigation fees are substantially higher, and we are not talking about a 10% increase.

Sounds like a good idea to kill old airlines. Is this a way somehow forcing old airlines to do a restructure? 

Sounds like a good idea to kill old airlines. Is this a way somehow forcing old airlines to do a restructure?

Nobody in our alliance is being killed or being forced to restructure. Somewhat smaller profits, but we keep kicking ahead. The purpose of increased landing fees was to force using bigger equipment in general.

Stepleton is currently in 650s AGEX which is the lowest I have seen ever. Many do go down, I was very close on loosing my american airline. But I solved it by cancelling all wide bodies which gave me a cushion of cash and focusing more on hubs instead of rogue routes demanding direct passengers. Situation solved. My Indonesian carrier which has monopoly is surviving fantastic with profits barely 10% down. 

Nobody in our alliance is being killed or being forced to restructure. Somewhat smaller profits, but we keep kicking ahead. The purpose of increased landing fees was to force using bigger equipment in general.

Well, i think it will be too dramatic if they are killed by the new rules right the way, but i think it might be too many changes in this short amount of time: i was keeping working on my Bahamas divisions because of the slot/aircraft restriction caused me to switch aircraft, and that didn't end too well because the division was making money only because smaller aircraft was used previously. As far as my experiment, an upgrade is not an option simply because of the market limitation.

Now i also need to worry about my main divisions in Indonesian because i also have issues there, while i am still figuring out my Bahamas division. The only thing i can do now is cancelling unprofitable flights and hope the best. I have cash and i'm not the luckiest on the server: there are holding with BBB or less rating for nearly all their divisions. Cash is going to run out eventually. 

Stepleton is currently in 650s AGEX which is the lowest I have seen ever.  

I'm not quite sure i can survive with 650... Kaitak has 709 right now, and it's only going down. 

Stepleton is currently in 650s AGEX which is the lowest I have seen ever. Many do go down, I was very close on loosing my american airline. But I solved it by cancelling all wide bodies which gave me a cushion of cash and focusing more on hubs instead of rogue routes demanding direct passengers. Situation solved. My Indonesian carrier which has monopoly is surviving fantastic with profits barely 10% down. 

The AGEX sure is brutal on all airlines, but none of the big ones have failed so far to alleviate the issue. Never seen it this low and I'm taking a huge gamble by leasing 50 737-8 Max to replace some old planes and to open a new hub.

The trick is to have a strong hub and sometimes downsize aircraft to more efficient ones if they are to large.

Even though the AGEX being 657 I am ordering hundreds of new NEOs and getting more A380s than ever, I have had to move a couple of A380s to other routes as what they where flying didn't make sense anymore as well as temporarily transfer 2 to smaller aircraft but with my Malaysian partner growing like there is no tomorrow and slots at KUL getting tight I am in need of about 10 more A380s, just for the CGK-KUL route. The AGEX has killed my smaller competitors and my franshise partner has done a great job adding smaller routes to the Indo network.

I don't think the big airlines in Stapleton are affected by this low AGEX environment. Maybe the less established airlines are suffering by lacking a sufficient transfer pax to keep the flight profitable or at least break even. Some might be luckier since they can operate small regional jets and the loads didn't drop as much.

are you saying you don't have an IL between EWING and Cocos Island Air?

I don´t have ... EWING AIR and Cocos Island Air are subsidiaries of different holdings. And as far as I know it is forbidden to interline between holdings of one account.

EDIT: have just tried it. Result:  "This transaction is considered cheating, and therefore forbidden."

At least as many as ("number of maint categories"/3)⌈x⌉, plus a few in invest open countries. ;)

Wow again. ;) Interesting business model - having one holding and different subsidiaries that can/are allowed to IL. But I think this takes pretty much time to build - and I am normally to impatient for that... ;)

One of the issues I have is that on Cyprus there are only 2 airports so not really any domestic market. That is why I have moved into Greece and set up a domestic market there plus international routes, only EU ones though.

At my best I was making about 20m a week, but now am losing 14m a week. I currently have a balance of 50m, so unless I do something drastic I've only got a few weeks left?

Your load factor is around 71% according to the statistics page, that suggests your aircraft are too big for the current state. You either need to cut frequencies or seats. Only you have access to individual route performance, but I check mine weekly, even in good times