New Dashboard

I've been recently thinking that the dashboard of an airline is not really good. It should provide more high-level information (like profits, major KPIs). But most of all, I believe it should guide the player to open tasks and help him to optimize his airline.

I have previously seen a "work to zero" concept on a website and loved the idea very much. So I would love to see this in Airlinesim too. Have a look at a very rough mock-up I did to show you the concept.

Work_to_zero.png

The basic concept is quite simple. There should be a number of categories shown on the dashboard with numbers next to it. If they are all zeros, then the CEO has done his job and all is fine. If there is a number showing up, then it indicates that he has something to do.

In the example above, there would be 22 aircraft that need to be scheduled (it could be, that they have no flight plan at all, or maybe a MX ratio of > 500%). Below that, it could list the aircraft types and the number of that type.

The next category would be employees. It could be either positive (if pilots are missing) or negative (if too many people are employeed). Again, it could show the type of staff for a quick information.

Another category could be Terminals with unused capacity, flights that lack a service profile, or outstanding votes for the alliance. Obviously, there could be more categories, I have just listed a few to show the concept.

Ideally, the numbers would directly link to the screen where you can adjust the values to resolve them and turn your numbers to zeros.

The other section should list more KPIs and the trend of those in one place. I'd love to see the company image averages with a trend up or down, similar the overall employee mood.

And for the financials I would love to see the seat load factors for the current and previous week, cargo load factors, revenues, profit and possible others. In general, it should really show the summary of the airline and you can get a very good view of what's going on at one glance.

Let me know what you think of the idea and what numbers you thinks should be there.

1 Like

I think its a brilliant idea, this will really help the management of airlines 

I knew there was a saying that AS doesn't provide you with silver spoon, but having a dashboard like that definitely make the simulation way cooler.

Currently I use the notepad on the dashboard to put some to do list. Also for unscheduled aircraft, there is a fleet named 'ZZZ' to indicate sleeping aircraft. Stock, SLF, they do have their own page, but it definitely awesome to have them in one view.

What I think could really add value, if the dashboard could show your defined hub and show hub load factor, profitability, etc.

An excellent suggestion Matth! I hope Martin sees this one.

+1 to this idea as well

Would be nice to have a good dashboard to better see at one page the health of your airline - as well as key pieces of information that are affecting your success.

Improving the main page is definitely a good idea, but there should be some customizable options on what to display in the center part, e.g. I don't care how many employees currently have a good time.

I use the notepad a lot but I think it could get a major upgrade, as it is currently not very handy if you have a lot of information on it, also from a display standpoint.

I like the idea and we should bring it back up once the BC/DPT are out.