Impossible to start?

Seeing my other post was deleted on the *thread of big opportunities* I will post here instead (sorry for posting in wrong place :P)

Anyway, I was complaining in the other thread, about how impossible to start a new airline. It is impossible to actually find a market for new airlines.. that being something like a decent domestic market for a decent sized nation. I have gone through every game world, even the ones with the unique rules. And there are no unchallenged or slightly challenged domestic markets, where a new airline could start

I have been trying to play this game for 14months on and off... Rage quitting and returning, because it's so difficult to actually get a market to start! every route has huge domination on it! 

Any ideas? or thoughts? Its getting too frustrating :/ 

Just be patient and you will find a good market. Try to find a market with good domestic demand to provide passenger feed for your international flights. I know it is tempting to start in Europe and America but due to these markets being over saturated you will find it difficult to play there,try the less well known markets like Bangladesh or Myanmar both have excellent domestic demand and the opportunity to expand internationally

Good Luck

Highlander 222 

On every server you can find open niches. Empty or few competition. I know that I am repeating myself but there are huge opportunities.

It not only depends on the market but also on your concept. Not saying that yours may be wrong but if you are trying now to start an airline for more than 14 months, you should check your concept and perhaps develop a new strategy.

I personally would not search for a small market as Highlander222 has pointed out. Watch out for Chile, Peru, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria and many others. And you may also ask for mentoring players to give you more support. First thing should be that you read all available beginners help topics and watch the tutorials on YouTube.

I have gotten the hang Of the game, now I admit I didn’t at first and was operating from places like male and Mauritius because of their high demand, but no way to make it a hub as it’s in middle of no where. And no domestic routes

I appricate the advice, but it’s a lot harder to find one of those empty markets

I never attempt to go to Europe or North America. I have tried every other region (par Southern Africa)(tried build up in Moroccan but didn’t notice a huge airline there till it was too late)

It’s painful trying to start, no markets, there are none. I appreciate the advice, and bangladesh is the only nation on those lists I haven’t actually tried to start an airline in

Whatever game works your in, take a look around it’s dominated everywhere :confused:

Just recently there was a huge opening of the Chinese market in one of the worlds. That is a very big market. If you monitor the other thread, you’ll sooner or later will find again such an opportunity.

But remember, almost all players want a big market. So competition in those is much fiercer than in second tier countries.

It is not true that there are no opportunities! Think positive and don’t look into it as being frustrating! Nearly every week an airline stops operations and you can start there.

Hehehehe, I know.. I wouldn't want to start off in China. That be a fierce battle :P

Id rather have taken some of those other mentioned markets, the ones with good domestic routes. Just hard to find them, very very hard. 

The thread you originally posted on would give you the best clue. India in meigs would be of interest

Thks, I will take another look now, but as you can imagine, India will prob gather pace quickly and get fiercely competitive within a few weeks

Kinda wanted somewhere smaller where I could corner the market, think I will try look at those countries mentioned again (indochina etc)

:)

India is a huuuuuuge market - take one major city as your hub and it is possible to fly there very successfully!

if you follow the big thread of opportunity, you certainly will see a lot of opportunities across the servers.

just recently I started my third holding, and I think I like to start in later stage rather than in earlier stage.

thousands aircraft available in the market with heavily discounted leasing rate..

a number of alliances and their members willing to help newcomer..

just pay attention on the opportunity announcement and be ready with the appropriate setup..

Thailand @ Riem is still empty. For third month in a row. Yes, Riem is an advanced server, but Thailand has a huge domestic demand. Huge!

Took someones advice up there, and after looking through all the game worlds managed to find Myanmar without any competition. Gonna give it a go, not the best domestic market, but it is unchallenged on many routes from the capital to likes of Bangkong, Hong Kong, Singapore, Kula Lumpur 

Thks for the advice guys :) managed to encourage me to try find another starting spot

I still do make the point, that it can be hard for new folks to find a regional market to start on, 

What server are going on?

*Nicosia*

Any advise would be much appreciated, forgot how difficult to get departure waves in sync and perfect hehehe, 

Well good luck 

I am trying  on that Meigs India one ...there are already several competitors and Delhi is under 40% free slots.   It does not take long for competition to move in :)

Thailand @ Riem is still empty. For third month in a row. Yes, Riem is an advanced server, but Thailand has a huge domestic demand. Huge!

Don't tell them lol, I'm milking the market by having airline in Indonesia and Singapore. But seriously, Thailand currently being cornered by China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Laos, so unless they have good start up plan, they will get discouraged in the early stage before they had the chance to get bigger. Turkey might stand a better chance with a few big airports. Oops, I shouldn't say it, lol. 

Things going good, would anyone be able to fill me on on how terminals work? thks :) 

Too early to start with terminals. Invest in your fleet and not in terminals for now.