Flight Attendant assignments

Could we have more control over flight attendant assignments. Right now they are assigned by the aircraft configuration and can only control where additional attendants go and we are stuck at that number whether the flight is long haul or short. I would like to be able to assign by route and class entirely using more attendants on long haul and less on short for the same aircraft, as well as controlling attendants by class and not just the additional ones but the minimum number as well. As an example a 100 seat   use a minimum of 2 attendants spread evenly among that amount. If I use  a 2class configuration I would wish to be able to assign those 2 to y class and add an additional 1 for just first. 

Minimum flight attendants is regulated by law, 

I fly offshore for work, helicopters take 19pax despite having 20 seats, this is due to regulations that if you have more than 19 PAX you require 3x crew (2x pilots, 1x attendant)

There are also rules regarding their positioning onboard i believe for the event of an emergency, (correct if im mistaken)

You could just create separate service profiles to achieve most of what you request 

That is not what I am talking about. I am well aware of flight attendant minimums. I want to use more flight attendants on longer flights and minimum on short flights when using the same aircraft  as well as which  class they are in. The minimums appear to be assign over the entire aircraft evenly among the passenger count so when I add an additional one in first I get overkill where as if I could control where all the attendants go I could improve both classes more evenly. 

I think it’s a fair point. The choice of how many attendants to put on a particular flight is much more about service quality than it is about the LOPA for the plane. It would be more logical if flight attendants formed part of the in flight service options, rather than cabin configuration. It would also give players more options to distinguish between low cost and full service, which will be important under the new passenger model.

That said, I’m not sure how much of a difference it’ll make to the overall cost/profitability of a flight. And itight make managing airlines more complex, for limited gain.

Possibly a nice-to-have for the future?

Don't forget that the flight attendants are paid on a weekly basis.

Therefore  it makes IMHO no sence if you use on a long fligt the full number of jump seats ( i.e. 10 seats for 10 flight attendants) and on a shorter flight only half of the jump seats available (i.e. 10 seats for 6 flight attendants). You have to pay all flights attendantd irrespective the are working or not. I do not think that you like to fire the number of "unused" attendants after each flight. To fire staff cost "only" 6 to 8 weeks of wages as compensation.

There would be a solution, a complicated calculation, by summing all flights x flight attendants and dividing by service working hours per flight attendant plus a percentage for standby duty. Though this would be not easy to program.

Well, if we are at it then, maybe we should also start thinking about having double crews on very long flights, the requirements for overnight stays, etc. That would increase the required crews drastically, though by planning your flights properly, you might be able to save big amounts too.

Well, if we are at it then, maybe we should also start thinking about having double crews on very long flights, the requirements for overnight stays, etc. That would increase the required crews drastically, though by planning your flights properly, you might be able to save big amounts too.

I would strongly support including a calculation for multi-crew requirements for ULH flights, even if it was a bit crude. At the moment, the game strongly incentivises flying planes to the limit of their range, to maximise the margin on the flight. In reality, that's pretty unrealistic, because of all of the extra costs, unless you can command a hefty premium for shorter/non-stop flights.