• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TxCowboy

TxCowboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06.10.2017 - 17:23

As of tomorrow it will be 1 week since I joined Airlinesim and in 3 days my first airline "Texas Connection" will be bankrupt, but that's ok. I've learned SO much about the game's mechanics and have slowly developed spreadsheets for this, for that, for this-that and for that-this but most importantly I've learned the major importance of "where to start" and HQ your new airline. 

In real life I started my career some 30+ years ago as an executive of an airline (Piedmont Airlines) and was there for a number of mergers, but what I really want is to compliment the devs on the realism of Airlinesim. Certainly there are some areas that are rather unrealistic and I'd hope that in time we'll see some re-work (maintenance being #1 and there should be some form of marketing in order to help with company image and route image specifically as marketing can truly make or break an airline), but over all the realism is fantastic. 

I found Airlinesim while looking for a game of airline management and while Airlinesim (due to the nature of 1:1 time compression) isn't really a game, but more of a hobby, the slower time frame does allow for better realism and the chance to think, plan and implement better than some with tremendous time compression (although I must confess time compression would add a bit of enjoyment, but I'm neither a fan nor opponent of it). I am TRULY impressed by Airlinesim's ORS. While I don't claim to understand the logic behind it's calculations, simply putting in a product that can dynamically build connections using O & D flight plans is no small feat and is the #1 thing real life airlines struggle with even today in trying to market their flights over those of their competitors. Kudos to the developers for even being able to model connecting passengers. While other Airline simulation sites only use O&D to model passenger traffic, most real airline travelers aren't O&D (except of course for major cities) and in building an airline one must use a hub & spoke system to some degree eventually, which I find Airlinesim has modeled EXTREMELY well. This in fact is the #1 reason my first airline is going bankrupt as I simply failed to believe in the beginning that an airline simulation would model passenger traffic so realistically. 

I would like to also commend the small handful (about 1 hand in fact) of Youtubers who have produced gameplay footage and would love to see more content, somewhere, anywhere from experienced players of tutorials for new players. In just 1 week I've noticed so many airline name that started and were gone in 1 week to 1 month and I wonder are those players still around, or did we lose a new player? While limited numbers may make it better to grow a phenomenal airline and give boasting rights to the few players on a server/game world, only through growth in the 'paying' player base can Airlinesim truly be improved and progress, but that's life and not really the point of this posting. 

So again in summary, thank you Simulogics for a commitment to as realistic game play as one can get with any virtual enterprise or product. 

enterprise.png

#2 rubiohiguey2000

rubiohiguey2000

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4169 posts
  • LocationPUJ

Posted 06.10.2017 - 18:08

You are in a good place in BNA on Ellinikon. It's a great Airlinesim hub. I would suggest you start with smaller and cheaper aircraft, such as E95 or CS1. Stick to one type to start. Define wave times and stick to them. Use market analysis to see which routes out of BNA are full, there are some trunk routes where you can get many direct pax and pax connecting to other destinations through you. Connection rating depends substantially on time factor vs direct flight, try to schedule minimum connection time while observing airport minimum CT in the process. Strive for 99 ORS as ensures for direct flights, that will help you get a share of direct passengers. AS passengers connect only 2.5 times direct distance so EWR BNA IAD would result in 0 connecting passengers. Plan your first flights on east to west, west to east, north to south and south to north pattern. Make one wave go east, other wave go west, etc. Use AS Route Maps to visualize your airline and plan connections.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users