Terminals, worth it?

Hello! I've been playing the game for a year (admittedly I have still not stuck to any airline yet) But I was wondering what is the best time to build Terminals, and how can you make them most effective and/or simply build one to sell capacity to other airlines?

Thanks!

Benostew

Once you have about a billion in cash, that’s the right time you should start looking into terminals.

Jeez that'll be a long way away! Most likely never, but thanks for the help!

Otherwise, try convincing someone else to build/expand one for you. I sure there is someone on the world who has a billion in cash.

You can build an airline that one or two billion to enjoy the game is not a problem...  but from my own experience, I think the terminal has no effect to my airline... just maybe it's about the prestige of the airline...  ;)

You can build an airline that one or two billion to enjoy the game is not a problem...  but from my own experience, I think the terminal has no effect to my airline... just maybe it's about the prestige of the airline...  ;)

It is technically a bit cheaper in the long term and it give a somewhat better business class rating. But as you said it is a big bragging point.

It is technically a bit cheaper in the long term and it give a somewhat better business class rating. But as you said it is a big bragging point.

I agree in principle (i.e. value to your operation is money-wise limited), but in the end, isn't everything a bragging point? Number of planes in the fleet, number of destinations, being the #1 in x different airports, exceeding x million passengers etc? It does add a level to the simulation, and I hope that one day, there will be real consequences to overbooking terminals, just to make it again a bit more challenging. So, as such, to me it is an integral part of making the most out of Airlinesim.