Airbus and Bombardier to partner on C Series

I’m really ashamed of what my government here in the US has done to Bombardier. This is excellent news for the company and the aircraft model! http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-releases/en/2017/10/airbus-bombardier-cseries-agreement.html

Yes, I was quite disappointed with what the US has done, protectionism is always a disaster, and I think this decision will hurt Boeing.

But This a huge leap forward for the C-series, haven't flown onboard one yet but hope to some time later this year. 

Airbus itself is suffering because of A380 program and there are not many orders for A330s as well. Only planes they are selling are A320s. A350 sales are not even close to 787 and 777. What is in it for Airbus? They are themselves offering a similiar capacity plane A319. Even though CS3 is a great plane, yet airlines are reluctant to buy planes in this class. This is risky investment.

You guys all should follow the interesting discussion about this on the airliners.net lol. Clearly there are something about C-series that force Boeing to go down this nasty path to kill a competitor at its infancy. And then Airbus snatch the opportunity to transform Boeing's nightmares into reality. I can't stop laughing and wonder did Boeing see this coming?

Airbus basically got a product (and quite possibly precious trade secret) complementing their product portfolio to counter Boeing upcoming line up, at 0 R&D cost. Forget A318/319, they are not selling well anyway, Airbus could now focus to optimizing the A320/321 neo family and possibly stretching it up to A322/A323 without worry about leaving the 100-150 seat airplane market unserved as Airbus now has Airbus CS100/300 and possibly -500 down the road.

Congratulations to the C-Series program, just wish Airbus somehow make it common type rating with A320, lol..

Congratulations to the C-Series program, just wish Airbus somehow make it common type rating with A320, lol..

You really want to fly it, dont you? :D