Turn around times

Hi y’all,

I know that this issue have been discussed already inside of other threads but it seems like that there is no ongoing discussion anymore…

As per my opinion most of turn around times (especially at bigger airports) are to long, regardless of the Aircraft type. Turn arounds of 45min-50 for a B737/A320 at LHR, JFK is possible even with Catering and gate Boarding. To add. additional 5min per 1’500km or so for fueling etc. would be perfect.

I’ve noticed that in newer game worlds there are already some improvements (e.g stand or gate position, catering etc.) but other game worlds still using the old Setup.

Im not sure if there is an issue with coding new turn around times or if this is simply not wanted by AS or their players.

Looking forward to get your feedback

Regards

Are you writing about dynamic turnaround times DTA? These cannot be applied to already existing gameworlds as it would change every single flightplan which would be a nightmare for all players.

Yes you’re right, it’s about DTA’s. I understand the situation regarding existing schedules. Is there any way to leave them unchanged and to apply setting only to new schedules? In this case everyone can choose wherever he’d like to put some changes on existing schedules or not…

Are you writing about dynamic turnaround times DTA? These cannot be applied to already existing gameworlds as it would change every single flightplan which would be a nightmare for all players.

I would be ready for that nightmare :D

Hi,

I wouldn't mind if the changes were applied to existing game worlds.

Would probably cause some problems at congested airports, but problems can be solved. If necessary cargo can be switched off to reduce the necessary turnaround time.

Same goes for new passenger types. We would have to adapt our business model and change cabin layouts. But we would survive. Things change in the real world too...

Jan

http://www.airlinesim.aero/blog/2015/11/09/6.3-rollout/

Just as a reminder why the DTA are still not implemented on older game worlds.

If necessary cargo can be switched off to reduce the necessary turnaround time.

In my (admittedly limited) experience with DTA, the cargo was not a limiting factor, thus disabling it would not have had an effect on the turnaround time. Catering took way too long, because AS passengers want only the best...

Hi,

your limited experience is still a lot better than my non existent experience with dynamic turnaround  :-)

But introducing the AGEX has messed up a few seat loads here and there.

Introducing the new rules against slot blocking (small planes at big airports) has messed up a few flight schedules here and there,

Introducing DTA will also mess up a few flight schedules here and there.

Not being able to transfer a flight schedule because for some strange reason slots are no longer available has messed up a few flight schedules here and there.

If the new turnaround times are twice as long, they will cause total chaos.

If it is a matter of minutes, many flights will be unaffected. Some affected flights will be able to catch up the delays during the day, and we'll have to reschedule the planes that get stuck.

Cleaning up the mess will give us something to do  ;-)

But that's just my opinion. If the majority of players is against change, that's also fine with me.

Cheers,

Jan

It would mess up your flight plans massively. It's not just a few minutes here and there that you can adjust with speed override or changing your cargo settings.

Combine that with full airports where you have very limited possibilities to even adjust a flight for a couple minutes, and you end up with basically no means to adjust your flight plans. You could cancel the majority of your flights, and try to reschedule flights once you freed up the slots at multiple airports (with the risk that somebody else snatches these slots) or you could keep existing schedules, pay heavy fines for delays incurred and have lot's of cancelled flights cos eventually they run out of MX time.

I personally would love to have the DTA, but I don't see a realistic way to make it possible.

Hi Matth,

then it would indeed cause total chaos on existing gameworlds.

But why then did Martin write "we will most likely leave the decision to the affected players (by means of a poll in the respective game worlds)" if it would result in a massive mess up ?

A poll seems like a waste of time if it is practically impossible to introduce DTA on legacy servers...

Jan

Quote from Martins statement:

our official stand at this time is that the earliest we would activate the dynamic features would be once we have modeled all turnaround activities with final formulas (right now, some activities like cabin cleaning are basically placeholders).

I assume that not everything is ready for a general roll-out yet.

Hi Julian,

I know, I read Martins statement  ;-)

But that is hardly the point. Either the new DTA - with cabin cleaning being more than just a place holder - can be applied to legacy gameworlds, or it cannot.

If the changes would create worldwide chaos, loads of delays and canceled flights, it cannot be rolled out on existing servers. Not only would it ruin many airlines, it would probably also add a lot of strain on the server. If this is the scenario we are facing, organising a poll serves no purpose.

The fact that Martin says there will be a poll, made me think it can be done. Or maybe it will only possible to change the current system if we accept that parking at a gate and/or loading a lot of catering will be out of the question. That could bring on some lively discussions.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the future brings  ;-)

Cheers,

Jan