Looking for mentor

I would like to start a company in a permanent game world either

ELLINIKON

RIEM

ASPERN

Looking for mentoring, tried ELLINIKON but didnt go well.

Cairo om Riem is a great opportunity. Big domestic demand, few competitors in the area etc. I cannot promise a mentor, but I’ll try to find one. Unfortunately I don’t have too much time these days.

But it’s an awesome opportunity. ?

Cairo om Riem is a great opportunity. Big domestic demand, few competitors in the area etc. I cannot promise a mentor, but I'll try to find one. Unfortunately I don't have too much time these days.

But it’s an awesome opportunity.

Thanks Banff. I just checked, you are right there are lots of slots. I am also checking Istanbul. Which one do you think better?

Ill try Cairo if I can get a mentor. I jave had successful companies, but I don’t understand the mechanisms that made them so.

Thanks Banff. I just checked, you are right there are lots of slots. I am also checking Istanbul. Which one do you think better?

I would recommend Cairo over Istanbul. 65% of slots is surprisingly high for IST but you have 3 airlines already battling there, and as a newbie, you're starting from behind in more ways than one. Cairo has no airline with over 200 departures per week, which is very small. Clearly I'm not the most experienced player on here, but trial and error has taught me a few things. Whichever you choose, focus on domestic flights first. You have a much better shot with domestic as a new airline.

Honestly I suggest you start in a small market without any competition (4-7 bars), there you learnt the basics, make profits and create a strategy and later try to fight out a bigger market. Fighting out IST as a newbie is not something I would do. 

Or try Antalya. Most airlines are fighting over IST but I find AYT did just fine, if not better. AYT has 82% slots, loads if you ask me. Plus the competitor is not that big, only 1.3k weekly departure. I am sure with the right mentor you can surpass that figure easily.

I don't want to piggyback, but can I get some help with my two airlines? I have one I started in November on Otto once it reopened, and it seems to be performing. However, I consider it a testbed since the world isn't permanent. My world on Meigs is the type of airline I want to run with lots of props within a state or region, but I seem to be struggling in Texas. I realize the competition, but three of the major cities had wide open airports with lots of slots, so I took a chance. having some problems filling some of the flights. Any advice? a PM is cool with me too if anyone wants to help me with the ins and outs of this simulator.

Some remarks:

1. you are using very old planes which are not popular at all. Hence you will have always problems to fill your flights.

2. you have not one but several hubs.

3. I assume that you have a very bad ORS rating with your planes and others will have a much better rating. AS-passengers are looking for luxury which you cannot offer with your choice of props.

There are many threads how to start in AS. Watch also the tutorials available on Youtube. Then you will understand more of the ins and outs of this simulation.