Maintenance provider issue

Hi all,

I recently changed my maintenance provider from Avia to Helvetic.

Avia has a 'good' rate for quality whereas Helvetic is 'excellent'

With Avia all my planes were ending their daily flight cycle with 90%+ condition. Since Helvetic has a better rate for service quality (and a higher cost too) I was expecting my fleet to have better condition by EOD but instead they are worst. Most of my fleet is now at around 85% after last daily flight.

Is this a bug?

Or is it something normal for the first couple of days/weeks after changing provider?

Thanks

The condition of the aircraft is being updated at departure, so unless they already were at 100% at some point after you changed the provider, you need to wait and check the condition DURING the first flight at which you expect the a/c to be at 100%.

Also, make sure, efficency of the provider is equal or better.

And to answer your question: no, it is no bug. Helvetic is better in quality but not as fast as the other providers. Hence the maintenance break with Helvetic must be longer than with other providers.

Both Avia and Helvetic have efficiency level 'average', so I would expect the same service speed (no need for bigger maintenance time windows)

The aircraft should have a better condition after last flight of the day though, before maintenance time window, considering Helvetic's quality is 'excellent' and therefore the condition deteriorates less throughout the day. This is what is not happening.

So, is this something normal for the first couple of days/weeks after changing provider?

To add some more detail, I have a Dash8 with 160% maintenance rate (plenty of time for a good repair).

This frame was ending each day at 98%-100% condition with Avia. Now it's at 87% (?!) with Helvetic.

Level average is not level average.

You might remember your maintenace ratio with Avia. With Helvetic, it will be lower. Not much of a difference but there is one.

Read carefully what yukawa has written and check after that particular flight. Then you will know more.

To add some more detail, I have a Dash8 with 160% maintenance rate (plenty of time for a good repair).

This frame was ending each day at 98%-100% condition with Avia. Now it's at 87% (?!) with Helvetic.

160% maintenace ratio is plenty of time. Check the condition again after the longest maintenance break.

Thanks for the replies.

Will wait a couple more days to see if the situation 'normalizes'

So, after a full week with new maintenance provider (Helvetic), it is clear that the quality of service provided is not as good as Avia. All my planes are ending their daily cycles below the condition %s they used to be with Avia.

This, coupled with the increased service price of Helvetic has almost doubled my maintenance expenses in one week.

The increased cost was expected since Helvetic is more expensive.

But why would all planes (no exception) be in worst condition then before if in theory Helvetic provides a better quality service?

All are 100% at beginning of each cycle. All frames have 100%+ maintenance ratio.