Cabin configurations IRL

I thought it would be interesting to hear share your favorite cabin configurations in real life, especially since in Airlinesim we spend hours fiddling with cabin configs.

Personally I really enjoy:

Y: AA Embraer 175, 4-across, no middle seats, big windows, quite wide, excellent leg room in MCE. Interestingly I haven't been able to replicate this positive experience in AS.

J short-haul: AA Embraer 175, 3-across, I love the left aisle where you can have a window and aisle in one (NB: USA Domestic F is really J)

J long-haul: Haven't flown this!

F long-haul: CX Boeing 777-300ER. What a seat, great service. Food is just above average except for the champagne and caviar. Best use of airline miles ever.

My god is this hard. It is easier to think of configurations I dislike than like. Considering my favourite flight was on Spirit I have to say Spirits A319 configuration. The configuration is European standard but the crew were above amazing. Though I think I was just relived to get out of Cuba. Short haul business I have to say Virgin America as unlike European carrier it is not just a pricier Economy seat. For long haul business it is way to hard to tell although SAS (new) and KLM are great. I haven't flown long haul first so i cant advise on that. As I have previously said most of my yearly flights are on Norwegian and Wizz and I can seriously recommend both. Norwegian for always feeling fresh and quick with great experienced crew and Wizz for their young sexy crew and Nutella Go! I also fly BRA or NextJet whenever I want to fly domestic, ironically I have twice experienced being the only passenger which always is a pleasant experience.

My best flight experience was on a DL MD88 back in 2012, I have no idea why, maybe because it was a long day.

The day started with a trans flight, LHR-DTW, an hour lay over here then an MD88 from DTW-ATL. 

The final leg was another MD88 from ATL-MIA. In total we were travelling for almost 20 hours.

I guess I was exhausted by then and any plane seat would've felt great! But it sticks in my memory as a pleasant comfy flight.

My local airport is LTN, so I'm generally stuck with budget airlines. But, I have to agree with CBE, Wizz are very good for a budget airline.

Followed by Easyjet, but Ryanair never feels good.

I thought it would be interesting to hear share your favorite cabin configurations in real life, especially since in Airlinesim we spend hours fiddling with cabin configs.

Because I am old-fashioned, I have fond memories of old configurations once used used by airlines, for example Lufthansa A320 (F8CY128 and later CY144), Iberia A320 with 147 seats, their MD-87 with 109 seats and many more. The lower seating-configuration did not automatically result in much better seat-pitch however. More space was used for larger galleys as well as stowage areas. The lower capacities had another positive effect: Fewer passengers shared the space in the overhead bins, a common problem today on high density-configured aircraft and the (sometimes unbelievable) amount of "cabin baggage". 

I also liked the 270/280-seat A300s once used by Lufthansa on doemstic runs. Fantastic aircraft for such missions: Two aisles, a nice 2-4-2 configuration in Economy Class etc..

...The lower seating-configuration did not automatically result in much better seat-pitch however. More space was used for larger galleys as well as stowage areas....

And let's not forget the much more bulky seats in those days.

I remember riding a 722 at the allowed 189 seats. I honestly didn't know where to put my knees to and I'm not the tallest with my exactly 6ft.

The same cabin today would give me much more space for the knees with the modern "slim" seats at the same revenue for the airline.

I also remember riding on a 738 - one of the first built and with a cabin that felt like a travel back to the 80's. Lucky enough, a few months later I once again got this airframe, but after running through a D-check and with a new cabin incl. Recaro's slim seats. What a difference that was.

Finally got to try AA's low-density A321 config (F10 J20 Y72) and in a free upgrade from economy (paid) to business (upgrade). Got to live the life of a high ORS high spending AirlineSim passenger for a day, it was pretty nice :)

Unfortunately it took countless flights on high-density A321s (J16 Y171) to get to this point...

B6's A321 are lower density (J16 Y143) and coach is usually priced well in my experience. Good hard product. I don't know how they make money compared to the higher density fleets in AA/UA not to mention ULCCs when B6 doesn't seem to have a consistent price premium out of their LAX/LGB base.