Stopover Flights

So after using these to an extent in my airline I had this idea regarding stopover flights. There are times where I need to operate a flight where it I need to have a fuel stop but I dont want to load or unload passengers. I know that in some ways this wont make sense but this is more about those times where actually loading and unloading passenger takes too much time and makes it unrunable with 1 plane.

Allowing airlines to decide if they want to make a stopover flight either:

A) A full stop to unload and load passengers

B) A fuel stop where it takes significantly less time and resources but no passengers or cargo gets changed

This would be good especially on routes where you can't land a full plane at airport B with the fuel required to get from airport A.

So I can land at airport C to refuel and only cost me 1 hour.

Tell me your thoughts

<p>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;A) A full stop to unload and load passengers</p>

A significant real-life restriction to pure refuelling stopovers is that it is quite difficult to refuel a plane with pax on board - you are dealing with highly flammable stuff there. Some places don't allow it at all, others put expensive requirements like having the fire brigade on standby.

So that would be rather difficult to model consistently in AS.

A significant real-life restriction to pure refuelling stopovers is that it is quite difficult to refuel a plane with pax on board - you are dealing with highly flammable stuff there. Some places don't allow it at all, others put expensive requirements like having the fire brigade on standby.

So that would be rather difficult to model consistently in AS.

Actually no. If it is a real fuel stop only, the PAX always remain on board (unless some airport or airline specifically denies that). There are standard procedures to address that.

• everyone must remain seated, but with seat belts unbuckled
  • All emergency exits are manned by cabin attendants.
  • There must be a fire truck on the refuelling side of the aircraft.

Done that numerous times. No big deal.