What to do after acquiring an airline.

Hi there,

I'm currently running a passenger airline in Taiwan in Otto. I've just acquired a passenger airline in Hong Kong. It seems like the moment I became the main shareholder the airline i've just bought lost it's original traffic rights. I didn't realize things like this could happen before I made the purchase. I was originally hoping that I can run an airline in Hong Kong as my subsidiary. However, it is what it is, there isn't much to regret since I didn't spend much.

The question i have is, what is the best strategy for me to manage this airline. If I move that airline to Taiwan it will effectively competing with my very own airline, which isn't something i want. However, I couldn't come up with any other options. My untimate goal is to earn as much money as possible out of this airline. I wonder if you guys can give me some advice.

Cheers!

My airline: http://otto.airlinesim.aero/app/info/enterprises/1049?70&tab=0

There's not much you can do. You could ask two HKG based companies to provide you with traffic rights, but most likely they won't be willing to do that.

You could build Terminals (if there's a lot of money) with it.

Or most likely, you should just try to find a buyer again...

There's not much you can do. You could ask two HKG based companies to provide you with traffic rights, but most likely they won't be willing to do that.

You could build Terminals (if there's a lot of money) with it.

Or most likely, you should just try to find a buyer again...

What you mean by asking two HKG based companies to provide me the traffic rights? How the thing actually work?

Currently you can only use the airline for flights between Hong Kong and Taiwan, as it has taiwanese traffic rights (as far as I understand from your original post).

There's a lot you can do with that!

2 HKG based companies with 25%+ 1 shares each gives you the traffic rights back. Majority of the shares are then laying in the original country and you have 50% minus one share at the best and can handle the company.

HKG has excellent potential as a Cargo hub, so that is also an option for you.

You are not bound to Hong Kong, if you find two Chinese partner you can also get Chinese traffic rights. Or European and so on. You just need to follow the principle Highscore explained

(Correct me if I am wrong)

Not really.

He bought a company in HKG. That means the airlines be can fly everywhere in the world out of HKG and would have the traffic rights if the buyers company was not sitting in Taiwan. Hence he will need the help of 2 Hong Kong (not China) based airlines. This scenario is not possible in Europe in this scenario.

Disregard this please!

Highscore, I thinkI have to correct you on this one.

for a publicly traded company, the legal home country is entirely dependent upon simple majority of origin of share holders. so if X% of all share holders have their legal home country in A and there is no combination of shareholders of the same country that hold - in total - more than X %, the legal home country of said traded company will be country A.

My mistake - sorry and thanks for correct me!

Thank you guys. I've already regained the traffic right of Hong Kong with the help of my friends.