Full flights but loosing money on cargo

Hello all!

After not played for a long time I started an airline again and having fun with it. In my fleet are two CS100, which is a great aircraft but I have one problem; cargo. I operate this aircraft on several routes where there is no cargo demand, so my flights are fully booked with pax, but loosing money due to the fact that I don't have cargo which off course reduces my revenue on those flights. I found the "no cargo" option in the game, but I assume that only prevents cargo to be loaded right? It does not take cargo out of the "equation" in terms of revenue? 

Cheers!

If you loose money when the flight is full, your prices are too low.

Cargo is only a nice addition, but doesn’t make or break your airline. And you’re right, if you opt out of loading cargo, your cost basis remains almost the same. Your loss will not decrease.

No sorry, I didn't ment the flight in total is in the red, but the fact that I have cost written off for cargo and not moving any in the end means I am missing out on the total revenue. It just seems to be a bit of a silly punitive thing and not in correlation with real world aviation. But thank you for the confirmation sir.

as was pointed out, that is just accounting.

the costs are there, no matter what.

if, in your mind, you want all costs to be associated with passenger seats only, then do the math in your head or on an excel sheet and it will all be contributed to pax seats. or you could decide, for whatever reason, that all costs or some of them are contributed to cargo space only. then you have a huge loss on cargo (accounting-wise) and and even bigger gain on pax seats.

and yet, in the end, the very same number is being deducted from your bank account. funny that, this accounting....

The only real costs associated with cargo are logistics fees and the salary of your cargo controllers.  If your revenue for those is higher than those 2 costs, then you are making money (granted a small amount) on your cargo.  The reason you see cargo in the red is that a share of the leasing, crew costs, fuel costs, etc. (which would still be there) are divided into the cargo area.  Get rid of cargo and most of that cost is just applied back into your various passenger categories. 

What Yukawa and Bachman said. That.

Clear guys, thank you!