sudden loss of fixed >green< active flying Slots

Dear CEOs around the hoover-world,

for some weeks now, i have to experience within a period of about  2-3 days

that single day-Slots / sometimes only one Slot / sometimes some more

become >red< over night — such slot, i previously have flown for a while now, no longer can be flown by my airline, because anyoneelse has taken it – overnight.

Most times it appears on different machines and with diverse flightnumbers.

Just Single Slots of one day are suddenly no longer flyable for me – though i had used exactly those before without any interruption or so.

Since then, i don´t leave AS without one Check-over the fleet-folders ... if everything is right, green, and flying as it should.

Let´s say next day, next time i enter AS again, i directly check the fleet and flights again.

If i have luck – all is fine. Fine green. Please.

If not – one or more machines show painful >red< flighnumbers. (= those flights no longer can be flown at this time...)

With some luck, i can repair those services and can slightly move single flights to a free slot aside.

Well. Repaired so far. But more or less a first aid pain solution – as a weekly regular and unique service now is hopping times and hopping the airline´s overall-flight-schedule.

Meanwhile it has occured quite often so.

Result: A formerly completely regular and unique flight-service has many hopping services now.

Good luck at all – i still could repair all incidents easily and fast, so far.

But as the airport i hub becomes more and more completely full / you can watch the last slots run out... it will be impossible to repair such issue in the days to come.

The issue with the slot, i used flying long before and since.

The issue that normally did never before occur. With many years of AS playing.

Did anyone of you has alike experiences? Last weeks or anytime?

Can anyone of you tell about the same Slot-Loss-issue while such Slot(s) were used fixed and green flying before and for weeks?

Has anyone a clue what causes this failure within the Slot-assignment?

Please share experiences so we can maybe solve it soon together with the support of AS.

Thanks

have best AS hours and a nice time...

fws

Honestly, ever heard of the search function? Maybe it knows where your slots are

i know where they are.

They are at the airport where they were before, where i used them flying them, but are suddenly assigned for someone else.

Anyway, thank you very much for your kind and honest tip — it really helps a lot.

Once i have a loss of seats or crew or doors, i will contact you for another tip – seems you really know how to help in a constructive way.

have a nice day

fws

@yukawa:

I also think that your post is complete nonsense. It does not help at all, so why do you guys have to post this s***?

@fws:

While it is hard to understand what you actually mean because of your style of writing (it's not criticism, maybe english isn't your native language), I have an idea what you mean.

In the past it was for some strange technical reasons possible that slots at an airport get overbooked, e.g. even if they were only 5 slots available, 6 movements used the slot. This meant, that even if you cancelled a flight, the respective slot still showed fully used which of course seemed strange.

As far as I know (anybody correct me if I'm wrong) there was an update last December where the slot calculation method got updated as well, so it might happen that slots get newly calculated at an airport for any other reason, leaving you with a suddenly fully used slot, even if you operated the same flight in the past. This is a one-time event, so once this happens, the slot calculation method is correct and it will not happen anymore. It's a bit unlucky, but in the end it corrects a bug from the past.

I couldn't find the respective topic anymore (so much about the search function) but I'm pretty sure I've read about this.

write an email to support with

- name of your airline and

- some screenshots of flights with that problem

- if no screenshots are possible, then describe on which flights and airports this happens.

@voeni and @highscore

many thanks to both of you. Danke sehr. :-)

I have found the other topic to the slot-issue you have mentioned as above here in the forum – thanks for the tip.

The German support is informed / in German :-) / i guess it was understood what the problem is about. Have attached screenshots as well. New ones almost daily :-(

Well, hope it is solved soon.

best wishes and enjoy your weekend

frank

I have just one question:

Why didn’t you post in the German forum?

(ok, in the English forum you will get faster a helpful answer. There German forum is only for long and useless discussions about imaginary passenger demand e.g Per-lax…)

I have just one question:

Why didn’t you post in the German forum?

(ok, in the English forum you will get faster a helpful answer. There German forum is only for long and useless discussions about imaginary passenger demand e.g Per-lax…)

seems like you answered your own question. ;)

Another reason not to post in the German forum is that you exclude a lot of people who can share good advice but do not speak German.