Quimby with classic configuration at next restart?

Dear all,

as there are two timelimited game worlds, I was thinking of the possibility to restart Quimby with a classic configuration, with old aircraft available the next time. Maybe Quimby therefore may become the timelimited server with used aircraft, and Otto may remain the timelimited server without used aircraft, increasing diversity among the server configurations.

What do you people think?

Cheers

I second that

100% agreed

100% agree although wish I could play 

Bring back the previous OTTO, maybe?

Just not the IL-18.......

i want used and new aircraft i am getting fed up with these new only or all aircraft types with the IL-18 just bring a normal more realistic world with new and used aircraft plz.

I have an airline in the current Quimby world. When the game end date arrives, how long before the server is reset and I can start again? I started my airline in early February and am really looking forward to the chance to reset and use what I've learned in a longer-term game.

Hopefully also with night ban, on applicable airports, e.g. where they are in real life. While sometimes annoying, I like the challenge it brings to the game

Dear all,

as there are two timelimited game worlds, I was thinking of the possibility to restart Quimby with a classic configuration, with old aircraft available the next time. Maybe Quimby therefore may become the timelimited server with used aircraft, and Otto may remain the timelimited server without used aircraft, increasing diversity among the server configurations.

What do you people think?

Cheers

For those newer players, can you explain what "classic configuration" means? Thank you!

Does anyone know when exactly will it restart? meaning day AND hour?

No.

We prefer not announcing any exact time or date in order to avoid potential disappointments in case there's some delay (which isn't too unlikely).

However, there are only two working days left before Easter, so you won't have to wait long and can expect the next Quimby to launch within 48h.

Regarding the hope for a classic configuration, I'll sadly have to disappoint you guys for now. Having learned form the fiasco with the previous Otto configuration, we don't want to launch an unbalanced game world like that again. Our data and setup currently just doesn't support it, so we'll have to stick to a very similar or even identical configuration for the next Quimby launch.

But I'd like to give a big thank you for your input! We have decided to address the issues with old planes in the future, so hat you can enjoy game-play with old aircraft again. It should hopefully be just a few months away, so stay tuned!  :)

PS: What's the most important part for you with a classic configuration? Having access to older plane types or having used aircraft available at start?

No.

Does anyone know when exactly will it restart? meaning day AND hour?

I would imagine tomorrow for Thursday it will be and i hope its a classic server this time all the last ones have been new aircraft and no used aircraft . 

We prefer not announcing any exact time or date in order to avoid potential disappointments in case there's some delay (which isn't too unlikely).

However, there are only two working days left before Easter, so you won't have to wait long and can expect the next Quimby to launch within 48h.

Regarding the hope for a classic configuration, I'll sadly have to disappoint you guys for now. Having learned form the fiasco with the previous Otto configuration, we don't want to launch an unbalanced game world like that again. Our data and setup currently just doesn't support it, so we'll have to stick to a very similar or even identical configuration for the next Quimby launch.

But I'd like to give a big thank you for your input! We have decided to address the issues with old planes in the future, so hat you can enjoy game-play with old aircraft again. It should hopefully be just a few months away, so stay tuned!  :)

PS: What's the most important part for you with a classic configuration? Having access to older plane types or having used aircraft available at start?

Oh  :( soo whats the point then launching Quimby again if it going to be the same it makes no sense you might as well not bother in the real world there is older aircraft airlines use them still like the boeing 757 classic 737 md80/90 etc and more its just plain boring with just new aircraft. 

And having used aircraft at the start .

I would say used aircraft, and not the possibility to order brand new MD-80s. So closer to reality  :)

I would say used aircraft, and not the possibility to order brand new MD-80s. So closer to reality  :)

yh exactly how many times now has quimby been just a new aircraft world 5 times it needs changing.

What about:

• no new aircraft types

• no used aircraft

• available only all old aircraft types which are never produced anymore?

What about:

• no new aircraft types

• no used aircraft

• available only all old aircraft types which are never produced anymore?

maybe if the IL-18 was removed or changed but who misses the old servers when they were just normal like real world?

yh exactly how many times now has quimby been just a new aircraft world 5 times it needs changing.

Your sentence does not make sense at all. Perhaps you should include some punctuation marks.