Indian Airports update needed

Indian air traffic has boomed in recent years.

Unfortunately, AS traffic demand for those airports hasn't been updated.

Here are the changes that need to be done to reflect current 2017 traffic stats:

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_busiest_airports_in_India)

3 bar airports:

Aizawl (currently 1 bar)

Rajahmundry (currently 1 bar)

Dibrugarh (currently 2 bars)

Johdpur (currently 1 bar)

Tirupati (currently 1 bar)

4 bar airports:

Leh (currently 3 bars)

Vijayawada (currently 3 bars)

Bhopal (currently 3 bars)

Dehradun (currently 1 bar)

Ranchi (currently 3 bars)

Surat (currently 1 bar)

Raipur (currently 3 bars)

5 bar airports:

Patna (currently 4 bars)

Bhubaneshwar (currently 4 bars)

Vishakhapatnam (currently 4 bars) 

Jaipur (currently 4 bars)

6 bar airports:

Pune (currently 5 bars)

Goa (currently 5 bars)

7 bar airports:

Kochi (currently 6 bars)

Hyderabad (currently 6 bars)

8 bar airports:

Chennai (currently 7 bars)

Bengaluru (currently 7 bars)

10 bar airports:

Mumbai (currently 9 bars)

Delhi (currently 9 bars)

Indian air traffic has boomed in recent years.

Unfortunately, AS traffic demand for those airports hasn't been updated.

Here are the changes that need to be done to reflect current 2017 traffic stats:

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_busiest_airports_in_India)

3 bar airports:

Aizawl (currently 1 bar)

Rajahmundry (currently 1 bar)

Dibrugarh (currently 2 bars)

Johdpur (currently 1 bar)

Tirupati (currently 1 bar)

4 bar airports:

Leh (currently 3 bars)

Vijayawada (currently 3 bars)

Bhopal (currently 3 bars)

Dehradun (currently 1 bar)

Ranchi (currently 3 bars)

Surat (currently 1 bar)

Raipur (currently 3 bars)

5 bar airports:

Patna (currently 4 bars)

Bhubaneshwar (currently 4 bars)

Vishakhapatnam (currently 4 bars) 

Jaipur (currently 4 bars)

6 bar airports:

Pune (currently 5 bars)

Goa (currently 5 bars)

7 bar airports:

Kochi (currently 6 bars)

Hyderabad (currently 6 bars)

8 bar airports:

Chennai (currently 7 bars)

Bengaluru (currently 7 bars)

10 bar airports:

Mumbai (currently 9 bars)

Delhi (currently 9 bars)

You are quite off with your estimations of what bars to put each airport. But send an email to support with evidence. Put your 3 bar airports vs other 3 bar airports and compare. For example Leh got 500,000 PAX last year and you are comparing it to Southampton (4 bars in game) which gets 2million pax. 

You are quite off with your estimations of what bars to put each airport. But send an email to support with evidence. Put your 3 bar airports vs other 3 bar airports and compare. For example Leh got 500,000 PAX last year and you are comparing it to Southampton (4 bars in game) which gets 2million pax.

Airport demand bars represent intervals of demand and 500,000 pax is within the 4 bar range. Example: Friederichshafen Airport in Germany, 500,000 pax annually, 4 bar in AS

Not only India, but also China, and for example even smaller European airports have seen alot of increased traffic over the last few years. I agree that it seems that airport demand could use a general update.

Plus several 1 and 2 demand bar airports missing in India...

Info sent to support.

Let's wait...

Hello

I completely agree with you.

Some airports have grown a lot since the last update and especially in India. Unfortunately the support does not have time to make regular updates of the airports.

I talked about it at the last convention because it’s an important imput in the game.

In fact the ideal would be to create a team of players that makes a global update of all airports, and make proposals for new ones, in the same form as it is done for all new aircraft.

Your turn? ?

Have fun with airlinesim

I am totally willing to do it. Count me in.

Please PM me with details.

Budapest(6bar)  boomed as well in the past few years, serving the same amount of pax like German 7 bars (12m+) while growing more rapidly than them(avg 12% last year like 15%), and in this year they predicting another 10%< growth. (well since we are a top tourist destination in both summer and winter, airport management are already planing terminal 3 or "2c" while just finishing the wide body pier at 2A )

I think when talking about demand you cant just transfer passenger numbers into airlinesim demand bars.

Especially airports like Paris Beauvais have actually very limited demand (1,5h car drive from Paris,not even in the same region,far away from a big city...) but its just Ryanair making the airport a popular tourist destination just cause people can get there for so cheap.

It would be great if we could do the same with the new booking classes.

Hello

Some airports have grown a lot since the last update and especially in India. Unfortunately the support does not have time to make regular updates of the airports.

I talked about it at the last convention because it’s an important imput in the game.

In fact the ideal would be to create a team of players that makes a global update of all airports, and make proposals for new ones, in the same form as it is done for all new aircraft.

Your turn?

Have fun with airlinesim

I would like to join the team then.

I think when talking about demand you cant just transfer passenger numbers into airlinesim demand bars.

Especially airports like Paris Beauvais have actually very limited demand (1,5h car drive from Paris,not even in the same region,far away from a big city…) but its just Ryanair making the airport a popular tourist destination just cause people can get there for so cheap.

It would be great if we could do the same with the new booking classes.

Well in bud case, apart from Wizz and Ryr , classic seats are growing as well (tho at a slower rate) american opened a phl route with an instant success (80+ slf ) LOT opened NA flights as well, not to mention thst LOT planning to obtain hungarian AOC and build “Malev 2.0” (the former hun flag carrier). The funny thing is that we have literally countless of asians especially japanese tourist, yet we have only a PEK route to asia (air china).

Japan needs a major update too. And China... :blink:

Hello

Your turn?

Have fun with airlinesim

So, Airlinesim staff, are you forming this team to update airports?

This is low season at my work... plenty of time to insert airport data, for free ;)

Hi Mayombe and Fug001,

No, you have to arrange between yourself to form this great team, as is the case for new aircraft models.  :)

I suggest you open a dedicated topic to call for applications.

Have fun with airlinesim!
Hi Mayombe and Fug001,

No, you have to arrange between yourself to form this great team, as is the case for new aircraft models.  :)

I suggest you open a dedicated topic to call for applications.

Sounds good to me.

Just need to know how exactly will this work.

Will I receive info from the AS team to know exactly what data and data format they need before gathering a team to work on this?

Cool!

Can you please email support@airlinesim.aero and ask what information they need concerning the airports?

I will also ask directly the person in charge in the meantime and will let you know.

Excellent!

Email sent to AS support.

Any members willing to help, please PM me.

We have volunteers already to update the Indian subcontinent, China and Europe, with the India and China 100% covered.

Looking for more volunteers to help with Europe (1 more), Africa, Oceania, South America, Central America, Canada, US, rest of Asia and Middle East.

Please PM me if you're interested.

just out of curiosity: has any of this already been sanctioned by anyone from the core AS team?

just out of curiosity: has any of this already been sanctioned by anyone from the core AS team?

For all curious souls out there: yes.

For all curious souls out there: yes.

OK cause I think we haven't heard about it... But you must include verifiable sources for every airport, not just Wikipedia data, but official airport or aviation authority data.