16 replies to this topic

#1 Ceo-Group-M

Ceo-Group-M

First Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05.04.2018 - 12:34

What can we expect to happen in October when the new Airport goes into service?

Will the old Airport still remain on current servers?

I know there are some airports which arent in civil use anymore in reallife,but in airlinesim (as example LCGK) but imo having a 10 bar airport which isnt in use would kill the realism factor.Especially as a turkish airline having my hub there.Wouldnt it be possible to give us a limited amount of time to transfer flights from the old to new airport and then close the old one?

#2 khoianh

khoianh

First Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationMUC

Posted 05.04.2018 - 13:46

Airports can't be closed (deleted) in AS but only excluded from future servers - that's why Berlin-Tempelhof still exists on Kaitak, for example.

Posted Image
Member of the Bombardier CSeries hype train. *woohoo* - Likes his hat.

#3 Ceo-Group-M

Ceo-Group-M

First Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05.04.2018 - 13:59

Would it be possible to set demand to 0?

#4 rubiohiguey2000

rubiohiguey2000

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4614 posts
  • LocationPUJ

Posted 05.04.2018 - 14:23

Maybe it will get even better than that, and you will have to co tiniest your airline growth on another airport in Istanbul. Imagine the growth that could be waiting for you.

#5 Ceo-Group-M

Ceo-Group-M

First Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 17.07.2018 - 09:31

The new airport is going to use the old ones IATA code though.
I guess we will see the airport only on future servers?

#6 rubiohiguey2000

rubiohiguey2000

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 4614 posts
  • LocationPUJ

Posted 18.07.2018 - 00:58

Depends on what happens to current IST airport. If it is completely closed and new IST takes over, than airport most likely would be moved to new location, if the past in Airlinesim is any indication:

http://community.air...e-to-the-787-9/

#7 tso310

tso310

Flight Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationBFV (Oct-Mar)

Posted 18.07.2018 - 08:19

What happens with terminals ? I think the last one like this was Kunming and I can't remember what happened.

#8 Jumper

Jumper

Flight Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 20.07.2018 - 20:12

I remember this discussion about the airports in Berlin when the new airport (BER) was about to open. Back then the suggested solution was to move everything from SXF and TXL to the new airport including all flights and terminals. The only issue that will appear then is, that you might be unable to simply replace your aircraft by newer ones as the distance changes a bit and so does the flight time needed for your flights then. That is hiw it was done in DOH too if I remember it right. As the new Berlin airport is not yet online (will it ever be ready) I can not tell how it will be done there.

Edited by Jumper, 20.07.2018 - 20:14.

#9 rubiohiguey2000

rubiohiguey2000

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 4614 posts
  • LocationPUJ

Posted 20.07.2018 - 20:24

I remember in Brazil in Natal all flights were switched over to New airport, but if aircraft change was desired it had to be rescheduled. But the flight time difference was only maybe a minute or two on average so very much doable, and now with speed overrides and offsets etc. it becomes even much easier.

#10 Goooooom

Goooooom

Second Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationTallinn

Posted 21.07.2018 - 13:03

I remember this discussion about the airports in Berlin when the new airport (BER) was about to open. Back then the suggested solution was to move everything from SXF and TXL to the new airport including all flights and terminals. The only issue that will appear then is, that you might be unable to simply replace your aircraft by newer ones as the distance changes a bit and so does the flight time needed for your flights then. That is hiw it was done in DOH too if I remember it right. As the new Berlin airport is not yet online (will it ever be ready) I can not tell how it will be done there.

Interestingly, on Meigs, there's already Berlin Brandenburg airport and there are neither SXF nor TXL

#11 frank1966

frank1966

First Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 22.07.2018 - 15:13

Doha is maybe not the best example as the new airport is right next to the old one. In fact I wouldn't be too surprised to see the old airport serving as a third runway for Hamad International in the future.

Posted Image

#12 Jumper

Jumper

Flight Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 30.07.2018 - 18:08

Interestingly, on Meigs, there's already Berlin Brandenburg airport and there are neither SXF nor TXL

If I remeber right Meigs was started just prior to the first opening date of BER and to not have this problem on Meigs AS decided to start the new server with the new airport. Well politicans prooved us that planning with them is a risky game. :wacko: :lol:

#13 Eireann

Eireann

First Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30.07.2018 - 20:55

I think the new istanbul airport will be replacing the old/current one. Couldnt they just change the name of the current one and the slots and demand? 

#14 tso310

tso310

Flight Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationBFV (Oct-Mar)

Posted 03.08.2018 - 09:42

I think the new istanbul airport will be replacing the old/current one. Couldnt they just change the name of the current one and the slots and demand? 

The new airport will inherit the IST code and Ataturk will close. Test flights have already landed and it appears to be on schedule for 30 October start. 

There will also be a new airport in Dalian, China, replacing the old one which will close. This will open in Q4 this year. It will be the worlds largest ofshore airport. 

The latest pics (airliners.net) of the new Beijing airport are impressive.  On schedule for opening in the 3Q 2019. NAY will close. 

Edited by tso310, 03.08.2018 - 09:43.

#15 Eireann

Eireann

First Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 10.08.2018 - 18:10

Quick question, how is AS going to integrate the new airports into existing game worlds ?  We have Istanbul, Beijing and Dalian all due to open this year? 

#16 rubiohiguey2000

rubiohiguey2000

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 4614 posts
  • LocationPUJ

Posted 10.08.2018 - 19:01

It's been done in the past this way: If the new airport is replacement with closure of the old airport, it is switched over and that's it. If the new airport is an addition, it is added and old airport keeps functioning.

#17 Eireann

Eireann

First Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 11.08.2018 - 17:16

Sounds good, its always fun when a new airport opens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users