Making Alliances Worthwhile

Let's be honest, alliances aren't really worth it like they should be. There is no direct benefit to being in one, besides an increase in ILs there is no real reason to join.

One idea I had that would make Alliances worthwhile without hurting anyone would be making all ILs free, and this would only apply to alliance members.

It doesn't even have to be free but 50% off all Alliance ILs. This would make it more worthwhile to be a member of an Alliance. 

Please give me some feedback and more ideas in the thread.

It does give them an advantage though and an unrealstic one. One could even argue that being in an alliance is more expensive in real life due to increased networking.

The only realistic possibility I see is an alliance image, which consists of it's members images. 

Besides, I think alliances are as worthwhile as you make them to be. Just as in real life you can enhance cooperation through communication f.e. harmonizing hub times.

Agree with the last point. Anyone who needs ingame advantages for alliances probably hasn’t been in a good one yet. Besides that, you would force people to join alliances even if they rather want to play on their own. Those players will not want to contribute anything to the alliance they join and end up being more dead weight. And if they joined a large “Alliance of all people who don’t give a damn about alliances but it’s nice to grab its advantages”, what would be the point of it anymore?

Well, you should have some benefits, but also a cost associated with it. Like a membership fee, but then have a variable advantage (lower IL cost, better image, or a combination). Yet I don’t think it’s an urgent feature.

Well, you should have some benefits, but also a cost associated with it. Like a membership fee, but then have a variable advantage (lower IL cost, better image, or a combination). Yet I don't think it's an urgent feature.

I think that is a fair trade off. Maybe you could get an ORS boost on flights that include alliance members.

I was about to suggest this but luckily, I found this submission. I think Alliances should offer a small benefit aside from the benefit of communication and coordination. I agree with the poster that it makes a lot of sense for an Alliance to give an advantage of smaller IL cost within the alliance (maybe 25% off). This closely matches what pertains in reality where members of the same Alliance usually can leverage cost and share staff pools.

I think it’s been suggested in the past, a good idea would be for Alliances to be able to build terminals for its members, using an Alliance credit pool that any member can donate to, but only the leader or a few restricted members could access.

But I’m guessing if this were ever considered at all, it would be nowhere near the list of priorities.

I think that is a fair trade off. Maybe you could get an ORS boost on flights that include alliance members.

I think, that's worth thinking about it.

In real life you can fly with any Star alliance airline to collect miles in the bonus programs of other members. In AS we don’t have such programs, but we could compensate by granting a 10% ORS bonus to a transfer connection within an alliance, for example.

LOL. I joined airline for its logo. So my airline logo won’t have a blank space beside it on the airport detail and schedule.

But then, I agree to have a direct benefit in an alliance member. Whatever it is, to make joining alliance worth it.